Rattlesnake lake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by WA-Fly, Jan 3, 2013.

1. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +50 / 0
    I'm finally going to fish rattlesnake lake tomorrow. Has any one been out there recently, how's it fishing? And what are the Regs?
  2. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +202 / 0
    I have no idea how it is fishing but the first thing you should do is get a copy of the regs. Doesn't make much sense not to have them, plus, they are availalbe on-line so no excuses.

MB
  3. Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Ansbach, Germany
    Ratings: +387 / 16
    Yes true if you are fishing any water without first reading the regs your plain wrong. But... its catch and release and selective gear rules. Fish are holding deep. Go with a full sink slow and deep. Small nymphs and small leeches work. Soft hackles as well. You may see many fish risding but getting them on a dry there is very difficult. Bring an anchor wind is gnarly there.
  4. bkerbs Member

seattle,washington
    Ratings: +22 / 0
    I fished rsl before Christmas. Lake was low but still had three hours fishing with 10 to hand and at least that many misses.
  5. Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Federal Way Wa
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    would you be able to get a boat trailer down the ramp, or is the water below the rocks?
  6. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    Thanks, I plan on taking my 3wt with floating line and maybe my 6wt with intermediate line. I tied up a bunch of beadhead mohair leeches, I figured I would be slow trolling that's how I have been nailing the hawgs at my local lake
  7. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    Dick,
    The water level is fine. Fished two weeks ago and the water is actually on the rise.
  8. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    The weather isn't so great so it looks like this trip is a bust