rebuild bamboo

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by Zane Wyll, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Zane Wyll Member

anacortes, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have a two tip bamboo rod that was my grandpa's. does anyone know of someone that can rebuild it to its former glory any help would be highly appreciated thanks
  2. CANEFLYFISH n GSPs New Member

Hunker, Pa.
    Hello Inzane,
    I professionally restore and repair old cane fly rods, 14 years running now. Can you give any other details about the rod? Are all sections full length/same length to one another? Is there any identification as to maker or model on the reel seat or on the butt section near the handle? How is the varnish and/or the thread wraps? Are any ferrules missing or cracked? I like to keep the rods as close to original as possible, so if the rod doesn't need completely stripped and rewrapped, the price would be adjusted down. I will only do to the rod what it needs to make it fishable again, unless you would want it to look brand new again.....

I would be happy to look it over for you for free and give you an estimate of cost. I would only ask you to pay for return shipping costs if you decide not to have the work done. Otherwise, I pay return shipping after work is completed.

Regards,
    Caneflyfish n GSPs
  3. FLGator Member

PNW
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Also check Clark's Classic Forums which is a bamboo fly rod web site which will have lots of information.
  4. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    Call Ray Gould in Edmonds. He's simply one of the best in the nation.

K
  5. Zane Wyll Member

anacortes, WA.
    thanks for the input I let ya know how it turns out:D