recent Klick info?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by hydrological, Oct 12, 2012.

1. hydrological

hydrological beads are NOT flies and snagging is just ghetto

anyone been swinging recently? fly suggestions for halloweenish?

2. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Watch out for the hydrogen hydroxide poisoning in the area, may mess up the fishing. Jus staying.

3. Yard Sale

Yard Sale Active Member

Key to the river right now is to wear the most realistic deer costume you can find. In these low flows it takes a lot of stealth...

Tough to predict two weeks out especially with some weather rolling in. The trees will be going off, just go and enjoy a beautiful river and fish are a bonus.

4. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

5. Broderick Smith

Broderick Smith SeaToTree

Just got back from the Klick. We nymphed/swung with Brazda on Thursday and Saturday and then Friday we went out and swung and walked some water. They are still in there (Steelhead and Chinook). I had avoided the Klick in previous years however I'm glad we went this year....great river, much cooler than i expected. With Brazda we caught a bunch on the nymph rig - always an epic time for those who haven't gone out with him yet, I highly recommend you do...he'll find you fish. I couldn't get any swinging during our float, however we walked in on Friday and found 1 on the swing (a rad fish btw). My recommendation based of what I hear and saw was smaller flies and lighter tips like a green butt skunk etc. Thats what I was working with...The hunters were out in force yesterday but I didn't hear very many rifle shots. Good luck if you go.

6. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Klick went brown late this afternoon. We finally got some rain...apparently enough to get the fines & larger flowing.