Red's Rendezvous 3/24 - Don't Miss It!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve J., Mar 14, 2012.

1. Steve J. Red's Fly Shop

Ellensburg WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Hello Everyone,

Last year was great, this year is even better! It's that time of year again - and the Yakima River may even be in fishing shape this time! You will enjoy yourselves and LEARN something new!

2012 Red's Rendezvous Update: SOMETHING FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!! SATURDAY MARCH 24; 10 AM until 4 PM. At Canyon River Ranch Lodge in the scenic Yakima River canyon. Admission $10, kids 12 and under FREE!

Highlights Include:

* Brian O'Keefe and Todd Moen will not only be showing 4 separate films during the day, they will also be giving some pointers on "making better videos" as a follow up to Brian's "Taking better pictures" seminar last year. The big screen and theatre will be set up in the Canyon River Ranch lodge, and whether you watch one video or all (4), you are sure to enjoy it.

* We have "preparing Elk and Pheasant recipes" from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm in the kitchen area at Canyon River Ranch lodge. Paired with this event is Phil Klein of Naches Heights winery pouring his favorite assortment.

* Spey Tune Up by Mia Sheppard riverside in the Yakiam canyon. Bring your own gear to get it tuned up, or cast the latest and greatest from Sage, Echo, and Redington!

* The Steve Laurent fly fishing photo gallery. New, unique, and very interesting!

* Fly Fishing Boot Camp by Geroge Cook: Become a better caster and learn about the Switch rod!

* Kid's Fly Fishing Camp: 11 am until 2:30 pm: Your kids are in good hands with Red's University Instructors Mike Millegan and Matt Turner. Drop them off at 11:00 am, join them for lunch around noon and then return them to the class. They will cast rods, join in a riverside bug hunt, tie their own fly to imitate what they saw in the river, cast more rods, and finish with a campfire around 2:30 pm. Mike and Matt have both spent a career in education and have a gift for sparking an interest in fly fishing for beginning anglers!

* Lunch available for $7.00 per plate. Nothing cheap about this lunch, though! Pulled pork and baked beans prepared by the one and only Jerry Daschofsky!

* Live Music by Better Day and and the keg gets tapped about 2:00 pm!

For the complete daily itinerary, click here: http://redsflyshop.com/rendezvous3.html

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see you there!

Steve Joyce
    Red's Fly Shop
    www.redsflyshop.com
    509-933-2300
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +700 / 5
    Yup, doing my slow smoked pulled pork and Lonnie's famous Blodgett Beans (my "go to" baked bean). :)
  3. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    Looks like I can make it over. See you all there! Rick
  4. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    sweet! i know a bunch of anglers who are going to be there! One new announcement is that www.unioncigarsociety.com will be there with a booth and some awesome cigars if any of you are cigar aficionados
  5. William Wallace Active Member

Chesterton IN
    Ratings: +200 / 0
    Man, I enjoyed it last year! Met a lot of people, had fun casting couldn't had a better time. I am heading to Cali to visit wife's family so I will miss it.

@Steve, when you see George Cook, please tell him Billy Wallace Jr, says HI and wish I could of been there to see him. I am stuck out in Chicago for the Coast Guard and been hard to get back to Washington. I am mad that I am missing it this year.

Hope it will be a good turn out

William
  6. Steve J. Red's Fly Shop

Ellensburg WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Will do BW Jr! A good weather forecast, the river in perfect shape and on a HUGE drop... it's going to be a great weekend! Looking forward to catching up with you guys.
    Steve
  7. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    I'm planning to fish Friday and catch the show on Saturday. Might be real tempting to fish both days but the show just looks too good! Rick