Red's Rendezvous Itinerary 3/26

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve J., Mar 22, 2011.

1. Here is the updated Itinerary for the Red's Rendezvous on 3/26. We tried to offer "something for everyone" and we hope you can all join us. The live music and local beers start at 2 pm!

Saturday March 26 - Red's Rendezvous Program Schedule

RIVERSIDE CLINICS (OUTSIDE AT RED'S MAIN LAUNCH)
    10:30 am: Switch Rods: When and Why? by Charles St Pierre & Doug Pendleton
    Noon: Cast FAR!!! – Watch O’Keefe throw the single hander 130’ while St Pierre goes for 180’ with the spey rod! Watch while you eat – Dutch Oven BBQ Pork lunch available for $5!
    1:00 pm: Take Better Pictures: by Brian OKeefe (Conference room indoors)
    1:45 pm: Yakima River Nymphing Techniques by Steve Joyce
    2:30 pm: Spring Spey Tune Up – all experience levels welcome (Charles St Pierre, Doug P)
    2:30 pm: Mastering the Double Haul (at Casting Area) by Joe Rotter

DESTINATION THEATRE (CONFERENCE ROOM IN CRR LODGE)
    10:00 am: Ea WA Steelhead fishing by Joe Rotter
    11:00 am: Destination WASHINGTON!!! So many options in your own backyard! How, When, Where, and Why? by Tim Wudi
    12:00 pm: LUNCH – Cast FAR demo! Brian OKeefe (single hander), Charles St Pierre (spey rod). Dutch Oven BBQ Pork Sandwich Lunch available for $5!
    1:00 pm: Take Better Fishing Pictures! Tips by the best: Brian O Keefe
    2:00 pm: What it takes to have a healthy river? By Steve Damm US Fish and Wildlife Service
    3:00 pm: Roundtable Rigging Forum: What knots when, dry droppers, emergers, etc… Many things confuse us all. Here’s your chance to ask in a non intimidating setting! By Gary Thompson

FOOD, FASHION, AND MORE FUN: (COMMERICAL KITCHEN IN CRR LODGE):
    11:00 am: Great Pheasant recipes Part 1 by Chef Patricia Wudi
    2:00 pm: Great Pheasant recipes Part 2 by Chef Patricia Wudi
    3:00 pm: Patagonia Spring Women’s Line Up FASHION SHOW and WINE TASTING!

FLY TYING (LIBRARY IN CRR LODGE):
    11:00 am – noon: Leif Kvinsland’s Thunderlegs Hopper!
    2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Leif Kvinsland’s Thunderlegs Hopper!

KID’S FLY FISHING (age 5-15): with Troy Lichtenegger, Bo Lybeck
    11:00 am: Casting the fly rod (Grass casting area) – Mike C. to assist
    11:30 am: Bug Hunt (Riverbank – not IN the water) – Doug P. to assist Noon: Lunch break – with parents (Dutch Oven BBQ Pork lunch available for$5)
    1:00 pm: Fly tying – match the hatch (Build the flies you saw at the Bug Hunt in Library) Leif assist
    2:00 pm: Casting the fly rod (Grass casting area) – Mike C. to assist
    2:30 pm: Campfire with Marshmallows (campfire area below lodge)

FREE DRIFT BOAT DEMOS BY CLACKACRAFT: 10 AM – Noon, 2PM – 4 PM

Casting Competition: 10:00 am until 3:00 pm - Ran by 2011 NW Casting Champion, Mike Canady, of Red’s Fly Shop: Top 5 scorers in the Non Pro class will compete in the finals which begins at 3:30 pm. Prizes include rod, reel, lines!

2. Looking forward to it Steve. Looks like it will be a fantastic event. Thanks to Reds and Canyon River Ranch for putting this together.

3. Just to clarify, that'll be pulled pork slow smoked in a smoker. :)

4. If anyone from Spokane is goign and has an extra seat I would like to join ya!

5. That is an awesome itinerary!!! Can't wait to go, hope to meet a lot of people there!!!

6. A big Thank You to everyone who came and made this event a great success. The weather did not cooperate, but that did not stop a crowd of over 300 from making the trip down the canyon! The presentations were informative, the instruction great, the food excellent, and the music and beer and wine created a perfect atmosphere! It's hard to say what the best part of the day was. Everything from the Kid's Camp to the Fashion Show was well attended and entertaining. Special thanks to Brian O'Keefe and Charles St Pierre for their efforts in the seminars and demonstrations. They are true professionals and those who attended their programs were rewarded with some incredible skills and insight. The Patagonia, Winston, Sage, Redington, Rio, and Clackacraft reps provided their expertise. And most importantly, our proud staff at Red's Fly Shop and Canyon River Ranch lodge took care of all of our guests and kept the program running without a hitch. They were everywhere they needed to be! Our guests are what make this job so enjoyable, and we appreciate your support.

Sincerely,
    Steve Joyce
    Red's Fly Shop

7. It was a fun time. I was shocked at how many showed up. That light dusting of snow (and I mean LIGHT) in the early morning made me think it'd turn everyone away. But was gone by 9am and crowds came flocking in. Truly was a great time. I hope all liked the food. I'm used to it being my camps on my schedule, so had to do some adjustments, but seemed to work out just fine. :)

8. As always, Jerry, your food was fantastic - and not just the taste; but the organization, timing, and cleanliness. Next time we'll plan for a few more mouths to feed! You and your son are first class and added a lot to the quality of this program.
    Steve

9. Steve and everyone at Red's,

It was our first time over and we had a blast. The weather wasn't great, but it wasn't too bad. The food was terrific. Everyone was friendly and supportive.

tom and terri

10. I had an awesome time. Thank you Red's for a day of fun. I really needed the time away from work, good people, awesome beer and great food. Sorry Jerry, I spent to much time casting and talking did not get to try the food. Next time I will be first in line.

Met a few people from the site, it was fun. Did not want to fly back to Chicago. Found out I am a lil rusty with my casting, but hell, I am a fisherman not a caster!

Most of all it was great to get back and see my brother and nephew. Hope to get back soon for another fishing trip. Keep up all the great posts!