Reference: Atlas of Oregon Lakes

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by troutpocket, Jun 26, 2012.

1. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

Media:
    http://aol.research.pdx.edu/

I attended a conference in Portland earlier this year and struck up a conversation with the professor that initiated work on this online reference. For anyone that likes to research lakes with a mind towards fly fishing, this is an incredible resource! Check it out.

2. Mark Yoshida

Mark Yoshida Active Member

That is the website that I have been using for my trip next week to Central Oregon. Wish WA had something similar to it.
    If you also use Gmap4 and zoom in close you can even find the channels on lakes such as Crane Prairie. Amazing stuff.

3. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

The pdx site looks good but depth at malheur was way off! it is nowhere near 105 ft deep, the deepest place I found 2 weeks ago was 67 ft. and most of half the lake toward the shallow end is only 21 ft. and under - about half the lake. most around the dam end - not the dam arm was only around 40 ft.

But it's reports on depth at thief were right on, deepest being 37 ft. that I found by the dam. I will be seeing if phillips lake is 105 ft. this coming week! the fishing reports were pretty close but wrong on malheur again, maybe they just don't want anybody over that way - I caught mostly 15 to 20 inch fish. thanks for the link!