Renton Lakes

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by bigman, Dec 26, 2006.

1. bigman New Member

WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Any of you guys ever fish Lake Kathleen or Lake McDonald in the Renton/May Valley area? I live pretty close to both, I know they are both private.
  2. Deano New Member

Renton, Wa
    I've worked on houses around Kathleen, and also have friends residing on it..

From what I've heard and seen, (Feel free to correct me) theres not a whole lot happenin around those parts.

Being a private lake, it doesn't get stocked until the residence agree upon and come up with the greenbacks to make it happen
  3. Ken II LIB

Auburn,Wa.
    Used to hang out around lake mcdonald during summers as a kid and had heard about good bass fishin in there. But only here-say
  4. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    been fishing MacDonald for 20 years or so. Fortunate to know 2-3 people on the lake. They stock it every year and while it is a private lake, they fish it the same dates as the western washington lakes schedule. Buggers and carey specials have been good for me in the past.
    I have fished it "out of season" with the permission of a lake owner, but felt like I was breaking the law.
    Very good bass population as well as perch, catfish and crappy.

dp
  5. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Fished LK McDonald a little over 20 years ago. Since we were young and dumb we did not get any ones ok but got away with it since we were young. Used to be some good bass fishing along the shore line.
  6. Stew McLeod aka BigMac

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    My youngest boy and one of his friends fish Lake MacDonald reguarly during the season. Lots of success trolling buggers to catch thr planted trout.

Stew