Report: MA10 8/8

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by DKL, Aug 8, 2013.

1. DKL Nude to the board

West Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    Been much slower this week. Haven't seen too much action the few days I've been out. Near the end of my early afternoon session today I hooked a nice fish, but lost him to a bent hook. First time I've had that happen. Fish wasn't on the reel either, but sometimes with the tape on my finger I have a hard time judging my finger tension. I think I'll try some of that tape mentioned in another thread to see if I get a little less friction.

Another first for me today was seeing the man show up on this beach. The downer was that it was as empty as I've seen it there when he showed. I'd love to see him show up on the weekend. Interestingly, I was the only fly fisher and he checked everyone but me. I saw at least one guy written up and have his day end early.

DKL
  2. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    I didnt see much in MA10 either, I got one rezzie and saw a pair of osprey get 2 or 3 more (one of which was decent). I switched beaches after the low tide and the next beach had no one fishing but a lot of people (including some bikinis) I had one hook up there and lost it.
  3. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +400 / 0
    I don't know what hurts more, hooking up with a nice salmon and losing it or hooking up with a nice bikini and losing it.

ten80 and Kcahill like this.
  4. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0

ill take the blow j over a fish any day.

unless its a steelhead