Report: MA11

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by John Weston, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Kevin Pidone New Member

Ratings: +5 / 0
    I think you may be right. My dad went out with a friend in MA11 yesterday and came home with nothing after six hours, although he was seeing a few fish caught. I believe between his friend and him they may have had only 2-3 hits. They were also not fly fishing. Personally, I think Silvers and Pinks are grand. The caveat to this is I haven't tried making caviar out of any other type of roe!
  2. ten80 Active Member

Anchorage, AK
    Ratings: +84 / 0
  3. Kevin Pidone New Member

I noticed this may not have been clear, but in step two you want to add the skeins to one of the batches of brine and then refrigerate.
  4. porterHause Just call me Jon

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +170 / 0
    100 dude...100. :)
  5. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +312 / 1
    I have no beef with the ambush line. They cast great but I don't like them as a beach line. I casted one today and prefer the Outbound. The ambush was an intermediate belonging to my buddy who is a far better caster than I am but I could get better distance with the outbound short.
  6. Fishee Member

seattle
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    ah ok, got it.
  7. rotato Active Member

home,wa
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    I believe that schedule is only for the week of the 18th
    (Look at the top)
    I am pretty sure there is an opening next week
  8. Fishee Member

seattle
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    Well...I went out fishing hardware with my old man. He caught a nice #15 Chinook hen, in Area 11; of course. I let you know how it went.

Just in case I did not follow your instruction correctly, what does it taste like, or what does it suppose to taste like? I've had Ikura (Salmon egg) with Nori (Toasted Seaweed) and rice; which tasted pretty good. Is it similar to that?

Any who's, I'll let you know how it taste later tonight; kinda excited. :)
  9. John Weston Member

Ratings: +11 / 0
    well the day was good at BP. several pinks caught on the start of the outgo. my mojo was a workin and I broke my bad spell. I got hooked up and buried the hook thru it's mouth and into the eye. man this guy I could of played with all day, he wasn't comin unglued. I had just sharpin my hook and bang he was on the beach. my first pink of the yr.
    it was still a little slow out there but this was the first time we saw em jumpin. hope it last longer.
    Outlaw :D
  10. Kevin Pidone New Member

Fishee, it tastes almost identical to Ikura. And you can make it saltier or less salty by varying your times in the final brine.
  11. holtad Member

Ratings: +8 / 0
    I fished a beach on the west side of MA11 yesterday from 5am up through the tide changeover with no success. I saw one pod of Pinks run through but they were gone in a flash and nobody hooked up that I saw (2 other fly guys and a few gear guys). A seal was hanging around for a good 45 min and then a pod of porpoises cruised through so that couldn't have helped much. A flounder was all I could manage but it was nice to feel something tug on my line:) 2013-08-25 06.41.38.jpg
  12. Bagman Active Member

Poulsbo WA
    Ratings: +71 / 0
    Well at least it was a nice size Flouder.
  13. Cuttbow82 Active Member

Renton, WA.
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    Fished a public MA11 beach today from about 1-3pm. Saw quite a few pinks rolling and jumping. Even had a few jump behind me (place i was allowed you to wade way out), but no hookups. They didn't seem interested at all. There were 3 boats in front of me and 2 other fly fisherman. Didn't see any hookups besides flounders (I got 2, one of the other flyfisherman got one). At least I saw more fish than I have all season, although I've only been out a few times so far.