Retiring My Go To Pattern For The 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by Shawn West, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Shawn West Active Member

Vancouver,Washington
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    I have decided to retire my go to pattern for the 2012 fishing season. I caught a boatload of fish using the Arizona Simiseal Leech. Why would I retire this pattern for the year? Good question. I am thinking that I have grown too dependent on this pattern. I need to expand my arsenal by fishing with other patterns and learning how to fish them with confidence. I have been experimenting at the tying bench with different baitfish imitations all winter. Thanks to Big E, I will be tying some Peanut Butter flies to add to that collection. I am also going to go back to some old school streamers and see how they work out here. Tom Nixon has some great patterns that I am sure few if any bass have seen in the Columbia River and ponds.

I am not sure how long I will make it before breaking out what AZ SS Leeches I have left, but I plan to leave them at home for the first few outings. I will keep you posted on how it goes and what patterns are working for me. I can not wait for the weather to start warming up the local waters. Have a great warm water season.

Shawn
  2. Big E Moderator

Coon Bay
    Ratings: +364 / 0
    Don't blame this on me :)

I gots real seal to tempt you back to the darkside.
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    I can see you out there with one or two in little glass vials: "In case of Skunk-mergency, break glass, tie on and break the slump"
  4. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,124 / 4
    Skunk-mergency.....I like it!!
  5. dfl Active Member

Sequim WA
    Ratings: +130 / 0
    Mail your left over flies to me. I will sacrifice myself to save you from temptation.