Ridiculous Simms Warranty Policy

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by JesseC, Feb 4, 2014.

1. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Media:
    So, I got home at 10pm after a fishing trip not long ago and was unloading my truck. My boots smelled like decaying racoon carcasses and I knew that I'd wake up to find my toddler son with the laces in his mouth - if I took them inside. So, like any other reasonably minded guy, I decided to just leave the boots outside on the door step.

Well, when I woke up the next morning. A pair of feral sneakers wretching of old brie and human cheese flesh was left in place of my Simms wading boots. Yes, that's right. Somewhere in the neighborhood of Belltown, a homeless f*cker is walking around in wading boots. I found this so humorous that I didn't even bother driving around with my womper stick looking for the guy. Good for him. Wade on brother....

The real outrage comes when I called Simms. WHAT?!!!! Your lauded warranty doesn't cover homeless thievery?

That's the kind of unjust world we live in folks. Apparently we're not entitled to a FULL warranty anymore. Buyer Beware. 1 out of 5 stars.... would not replace warranty on boots with no tread now roaming a concrete jungle....

seattlee, Jeff Sawyer, dfl and 15 others like this.
  2. Cruik

Cruik Active Member

I'll be on the lookout for your homeless guy wearing simms boots, if you watch out for my homeless guy wearing a simms wading jacket. I'm kind of glad he didn't offer me the same sort of trade.

JesseC and David Dalan like this.
  3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Sounds like you left trash outside and are angry it got picked through.

Steven Mobley and Eyejuggler like this.
  4. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    Jesse, this actually just happened at my workplace last week. Guy had his stuff stolen and wanted to know if we could help out (translation: replace it).

We've also had requests to replace items (that have a 2yr manufacturer's warranty) that range from: 'The dog chewed it up' to 'I left it somewhere' and everything in between so while you may be kidding around, it wouldn't surprise me if Simms has gotten a call like yours!

JesseC likes this.
  5. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Media:
    That's a bummer man.

On the upside, now you can get some boots with a real sole instead of those ice skates.

6. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    I've had one guy come back three times for "warranty" because he ran his rod tip in to his vacuum. Meaning, he vacuumed three rod tips in a row.

7. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

That's awesome (except the part where you are out a pair of boots).

Reminds me of a time I was selling an old Fenwick fiberglass rod to a guy on a different forum. He said he'd only buy it if I could offer him a 1-year warranty in case of breakage. I told him no, and politely explained that I couldn't possibly offer that because I'd have no way to repair or replace it. He replied angrily that I "should be ashamed at my customer service policy" and that I should "take better care of my customers" instead of "forcing him to take on all the risk" of a $70 rod purchase. I think he mixed me up with LL Bean or Nordstrom.

Ed Call, David Dalan, Porter and 7 others like this.
  8. R00k

R00k Part time rookie

First I will say that seriously sucks!!!! But then again I was laughing my tail off when reading your post....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Call likes this.
  9. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Active Member

10. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)

Jesse this is good stuff! I bet the gent that is roaming the concrete jungle might be able to send them in. Might need to search Bell town for this guy and and offer up a trade. He's obviously into trading. That should be a new saying on the WFF forum..... Wade on brother;)

JesseC likes this.
  11. rustybee

rustybee Active Member

Tough luck dude.

12. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Geez... using wading boots for every day shoes would not be all that comfortable. I have a feeling the thief had no idea what he was stealing.

If the boots had studded soles, that should make for interesting walking in the sidewalk jungle.

13. ryfly

ryfly Addicted to flyfishing

He will probably be at the Seahawks parade looking for handouts.

14. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Media:
    Home Page:
    Well, at least the perp wouldn't be able sneak up on you from behind, not with those studs raking across pavement! LOL

LB

GAT likes this.
  15. Fishee

Fishee Member

Nowadays, is a free for all if you leave your stuff outside. Look at Youtube videos about people stealing an selling their stuff on craiglist and ebay. I saw a video about this guy had his bike stolen in Oregon then it was listed on Craiglist in Seattle. He caught the guy and called the police and got his bike back. I'm happy for the guy, but reading some of the negative comments makes me realized how sad some people are in this world. Sick to my stomach. and looking at the thief who stole the bike in the video, he looks like a normal guy you see on the streets. Kinda makes me wonder what the thieves looks when they broke in to our cars while we are fishing, maybe they are just some regular fisherman.

Here's a video:
    Title: bike thief gets owned

Sorry, don't know how i got myself into bringing in this topic. To JesseC, time to shop for new wading boots; treat yourself something nice. :)

16. MrP

MrP Member

Media:
    HA! That's a great story, Lugan. Maybe you could have offered him a 2 year extended warranty for $100. You know, regularly $100 per year, buy it now and get a second year for free.

Jesse, time for some new boots man. It's a great time of year to shop for gear.

Ed Call and Lugan like this.
  17. Krusty

Krusty Krusty Old Effer

Those wading boots totally tied your place together. This aggression shall not stand.

18. Tool Fly

Tool Fly Member

I thought the POS thief's GF was kinda hot... Sorry about the boots of the OP. Good karma to laugh about your loss. Happy shopping for a new pair!

19. suckegg

suckegg Active Member

I would be concerned about getting sued for giving the homeless guy foot root:rolleyes:

JesseC and Ed Call like this.
  20. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Media:
    Send the story to Simms...$20 they cover it and send you a replacement pair for free simply out of sympathy :D

Kaiserman and Ed Call like this.