Rio Switch Chucker

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by runningfish, Jul 13, 2014.

1. runningfish

runningfish Member

Hi everyone,
    I am wondering if anyone here have tried the Rio Switch chucker with Beulah platinum switch?
    I am currently in the market for a lightly used Beulah Platinum 6wt switch.
    So, while I am waiting for the right used rod and price, I am trying to gather more information about the switch chucker line and see if the line can be a match with the Buelah platinum switch. The rod will be primarily used for lake stillwater fishing on foot or from a boat fishing for largemouth bass and trout. Will be using 10ft spey versileaders and probably T tips (I am not educated yet with T tips). Casting various sizes of bass bugs 20~40ft, streamers, leeches and a bit of indicator nymphing 40-50ft and dry.
    Fishing location: Various lakes and beaches in Los Angeles CA, Bow river Calgary Alberta, Seattle WA for anything that swims, and Florida for inshore species.
    Learning from my pass experience with the Beulah Classic, I should have just jumped on the Tonic but I like integrated lines because I usually strip in the leader until about 5ft away from the tip and need to cast short for the bass. 50-50 single and double handed casting depending on the situation. I know that there is no do it all line and I am going to setup the 2nd spool with probably a rio switch or others. Just trying to find out if the chucker and beulah is doable or not.

golfman44 likes this.
  2. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
  3. runningfish

runningfish Member

Thanks for the insight golfman.

4. runningfish

runningfish Member

I must say that after further online search and reading experts and reps recommendation. I think I am abandoning this idea and get the Tonic instead with probably the Varivas or Dragon Tail running line and fuse the head to the running line.

5. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    Good call. If you don't touch n go spey cast this line isn't for you on a short stick.

Good luck

runningfish likes this.