River Habits

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by SPEYBUM, Jan 1, 2006.

1. SPEYBUM

SPEYBUM Member

Home Page:
    River Habits

With the New Year upon us we are all looking to new Year resolutions.
    Some will be to loose weight, others will to quite smoking and as for me I will try to get rid of my river habits.
    That nasty little thing that creep into you casting during the hours of fishing.
    My worst habit is going to fast
    What is yours?
    :cool:

2. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    sort of related but mine is going to another run ,then another ,quite often rather than fishing the same run somewhat differently or changing up. Take alot of hands and fingers to count the fish I have hit, not on the 1st, but on the 2nd or 3rd pass thru a great piece of water. Knowing this though, I still often want to go fish here or there next instead of staying put.

My other resolution would be to make it down to your place more often.

3. Brent Comer

Brent Comer Member

Media:
    My worst habit is forgetting to refill my flask before I go out. :rofl:

Actually, my worst habit is not concentrating on the basics of the cast and rushing things when I'm fishing.

4. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    I turn around and go home if I discover this problem when I get there. One can forget alot of seemingly essential items but the flask?-- no the flask is unacceptable to forget or fill:beathead:

5. Desmond Wiles

Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

Media:
    New years resolutions? Hmmmm, I figure that I forgot to make one before the new year, so I'll have to wait 'til next time.:confused:

Actually, as much as I love fishing the local lakes, I'm determined to spend most my time time on a river. I am also going to buy a saltwater license this year for the first time and begin hitting the salt.

Des

6. Skilly

Skilly Member

Well lets see,,,,, lost 75# 3 years ago, Quit smoking 2 years ago. This year its buy more Spey rods, and fish more !!!!!!!!! Have to spend all the money I saved when I quit smoking.

Skilly

7. wolverine

wolverine Member

Simplify my fishing techniques. I have 43 rods, 37 reels, and enough gear to stock a medium tackle shop. I am covered from bluegill to tuna. I'm definately not a fish, gear, or technique snob! It seems that everywhere I go fishing in the hemisphere, I have to buy all the gear. Now I want to get into a 2 hander fly rod. I think I need more willpower....

8. Jim Fitz

Jim Fitz Member

Media:
    Based on what I kept hearing the last time I went to a Saturday on the River, I am going too fast as well.

"Slow down, loosen up, you are going to fast...";)

9. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    I'd like to stop eating very large green salads the night before I fish and then forget to bring T.P. Also, I'd like like to not rush my cast and quit being lazy with the cast as time wears on through the day of fishing.