River reports

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Canedawg, May 27, 2002.

1. Canedawg

Canedawg Member

I thought I would post one for the Green River, and I hope other flyfishermen will chime in on rivers close to them. I scouted the river this morning from the Highway 18 bridge to Flaming Geyser. Folk I have been fishing for quite some time and I have never seen the river this high this at this time of the year. I like to fish from Silica Sands to flaming Geyser, but it is close to unwadeable. The river still has abit of color, and is still very cold. Although I did not have my themomter, I would bet the river is between 43 to 48 degrees. It was very cold, and swift. The upside is there should be good water levels through out the summer.

2. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    If the Snoq Forks weren't bad enough from all the melt, the 1-2" plus rain we've recieved up in North Bend so far this evening will ensure they are out of shape.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I might be old---but I'm good.

I don't know if this will help. But I drove up the South fork of the Stilly today just for something to do. The river is at just about as high as I ever saw it at this time of the year. It didn't start to clear up until I got above Silverton. You would think that there was a rain storm,as there was a lot of water out there.

Jim S.