Rocky Ford is fishing good!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by jeubanks, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Goldbug

Goldbug New Member

Dustin, Thanks for posting that note. I was thinking of going but was wondering exactly that - whether the crowds were heavy. Now I know and I don't think I'll make the trek.

2. rwbailey05

rwbailey05 GO COUGS

I went to The Ford on my way back over from the Wet Side and it was packed... Fish were feeding and landed a couple but alot of pressure for sure! It is fun to get out and sight fish a little, unlike anything you will find any other place in the state

3. Zack Dudley

Zack Dudley Take em'

WOW people these days its a trout.. seriously its not a wild steelhead for real calm down.

4. Cataraft fishing

Cataraft fishing New Member

Just returned from RF. Fished it on a Monday. No pressure, shared it with two other fellas from Kent. Fishing was real slooooow. Only one hook up. Lots of snakes and a beaver. Enjoyed the sunshine.

5. I used snow shoes in there one day in February. I submerge myself underwater and lie in wait, when a fish approaches I use a barbed ninja throwing star with 30# test attached to it to take my share. These tactics may not be legal, but I have never seen them specifically mentioned in any regulations...so...

6. Cataraft fishing

Cataraft fishing New Member

7. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

And the hits just keep on coming.