Rod Blanks

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Randy Diefert, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to find a G. Loomis rod blank is ?
    And... Do they come with the same warranty as a store bought finished rod?
    Thanks

2. Tony Mull

Tony Mull Member

Media:
    i have read a couple of times that one of the cabelas blanks, the SLi i think, is supplied by loomis. in that case it would probably be the best price you'll find for that blank as cabelas negotiates quite a discount for skipping the brand name and putting their own on it. All their blanks come from some brand name or another. you won't get as good a warranty, but the chances of needing one are pretty slim in my experience and not really worth the money you end up paying for them (except of course if you're the guy who needs it). warranties are like insurance and you can bet the manufacturer is tacking on enough bucks to cover themselves. Cabelas also carries g loomis blanks and rods if you want to check out the warranty info cabelas.com

3. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Media:
    Randy,

I noticed that Hook and Hackle has Loomis IMX and GL3 blanks. You should check their website at www.hookhack.com. They also have a 20% discount for on line orders. They also run a lot of specials on blanks, so you could save even more. Not associated with them in any way, just a satisfied cusutomer.

REE

4. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Thanks Ron,
    i'm a satisfied Customer of theirs also. I already check but they don't have what I'm looking for. A baitcasting blank I believe the # is a 1266 for heavy Salmon 30# line.