Rod building hardware, where do you get yours?

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Nate Dutton, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Nate Dutton

Nate Dutton I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!

Media:
    Hey guys i have built two rods from kits and now i think i am going to start building spey rods but not from kits. I plan on getting all the components together then building a rod. I was wondering what are your guys favorite websites for ordering grips, hardware, tools, expoxys and everything else associated with rod building? IS there one catch all web site or do you pick from each?? trying to cut down on shipping! Thanks for the input.

2. NIrodneck

NIrodneck Active Member

Utmost Enterprises can get you anything from Pac bay and batson at a discount. They do handle threads and epoxies also (Flexcoat and Pac bay threads) but I use different thread and epoxies. Both Batson and Pacbay have good spey rod components and blanks available and they are very quick shipping being on the Washington coast just minutes away from both companies.
    http://www.utmostenterprises.com/utmost_001.htm

3. CC898

CC898 Member

Madison River Fishing Company and Anglers Workshop are my top two.

4. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Media:
    Agree on Anglers Workshop and Utmost - both are close by and have fast shipping (and utmost only charges actual shipping and usually has a discount on Batson stuff). You can also check out Mudhole (www.mudhole.com), Hook and hackle (www.hookhack.com), J.Stockard (www.jsflyfishing.com), and Dan Craft (www.dancraftent.com). Sometimes it's worth checking around to see who has what on sale.

5. Nate Dutton

Nate Dutton I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!

Media:
    Thanks guys! That is really helpful!