rod wrapping belt

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Charles Sullivan, Jan 23, 2006.

1. I need a belt for my cabela's wrapping machine. I lost it in the move before I ever got to use it. Any ideas where I can get it?

2. Cabelas?

Honestly I'm not familiar with this wrapper, but both the Pac Bay and the other wrappers I've seen are really using oversized "O" rings for the belts. For the cabelas wrapper, it looks like you could hit up a hobby store and find one of the appropriate diameter. If I were you, I'd measure the length you need and head to the automotive store :)

3. Sal, Give Granger supply a look even if they MIGHT not have the belt you need I'm sure you will find lot's of stuff that you DO need....and the catalog is a candy store for us do-it-ur-selfers....good luck,Alan

4. go right back to cabelas, they will go out of their way to try and help--kenai--

5. I have a similar model and when the belt broke on it I needed a quick fix. I was in the middle of a 4w and didn’t want to wait for the replacement belt to come in the mail so I doubled over two stout rubber bands and proceeded to finish the rod. That was in 89, I’m still using the thing and I have only had to replace the bands twice. Give it a shot. If it works you just fixed it for free.