rods and reels

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Ryan Nathe, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Highfly

Highfly Member

I don't know jack about saltwater fly fishing (yet), and I will not pretend to know anything about post-salt exposure maintenance, but I do know that Shimano and Abu Garcia mostly make spinning/casting gear. Maybe their maintenance procedures are different, what with different types of drags, etc.
    You know, I'm kinda surprised that there's no "smily" icon that depicts beating a dead horse.......:p

2. crazysalmon

crazysalmon New Member

I used my teton reel from July to October last year almost every night during the week, and on weekends. Had a blast with the silvers. I just used the hose on it when I got home good rinse no pressure. The reel works and looks like it just came out of the box. Nice drag is a good idea in the salt you never know what will hit. My bros girlfriend was casting vibrax for silvers, and an hour and a half latter he netted a 35 pound king. She's No longer his girlfriend she kept outfishing him.:beathead: bawling: :mad:

Tight Lines.

3. Denny

Denny Active Member

Mingo, you be hittin' all cylinders today. Great comments, advice, and observation.
    :thumb: