Roger Stephen's Secrets Outed!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by miyawaki, Apr 9, 2010.

1. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +836 / 1
    Heads up guys!

On Saturday, May 8 at 2:00PM - Our own Roger Stephens will present a free seminar, "Fly Fishing South Puget Sound from a Boat." Roger will have his boat at the shop and will show you how it's rigged. He will also tie his special flies and tell you how he fishes the coves and inlets down south.

Leland.
  2. Kerfwappie Member

Poulsbo, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Awesome Leland! Thank you Roger! What a treat!
  3. Jamie Wilson Active Member

Arlington WA
    Ratings: +91 / 0
  4. Jamie Wilson Active Member

Arlington WA
    Ratings: +91 / 0
    You two really share some awesome celebrity around here - this is great!
  5. Roger Stephens Active Member

Ratings: +297 / 0
    The presentation will cover my thoughts/approach to fly fishing for sea-run cutthroat on Puget Sound. I just posted in the Events Forum of WFF under Spring Orvis Days thread a listing of the 6 sections for the 1 1/2 to 2 hours talk about "half truths":hmmm:. There will be 1 to 3 page handouts for each section.

Roger
  6. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +109 / 0
    this is gold!! thank you Roger S...
  7. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +312 / 1
    Roger, I didn't know that you were one to make presentations but I'd like to invite you to my place in Dash Point on Saturday, May 15th. We are having a BBQ, fly Tying, fly casting, story telling day. I expect there will be between 15 and 20 people there. If you'd like to do your thing all over again or would just like to hang out with some of the guys and gals from the forum, you would be most welcome.
  8. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +285 / 0
    cool can he do the same class the following week at dash point at Steve's?

I would be sooo great to have you and we are looking for a couple people to do demos

Leland said he would come after work so he will be doing a two handed casting
    Demo around 7:00 pm

It would be great to have you do something too
  9. riseform Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +280 / 0
    I picked the wrong week to be in Montana. Sorry to miss an opportunity to meet and thank you in person, Roger.
  10. Roger Stephens Active Member

Steve and Kevin:

Thanks for the invite to your gathering! My grandson's basketball team is playing in an Oregon Prep tournament on May 15 and 16 in Vancouver, Wa. so I'll be down there watching his games. Otherwise it would be enjoyable to hang out with some other saltwater fly fishers for the day. If anything changes, I'll let you know plus I would to glad to participate in future gatherings. Just send me a PM.

Roger
  11. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +312 / 1
    Better to watch the basketball. I spent 16 weeks this past winter taking my two nephews to practice and games. It's well worth the time.
  12. wannafish In search of Blinky...

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I've never met Roger personally, but his info on this forum is outstanding! I'll definately try to make it to the seminar! And good luck to your grandson's team - that sounds like fun too.
  13. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +318 / 1
    Very nice.
    Yamobethea
  14. BugChukr New Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Stupid new guy question here...what shop are we talking about?

Bueno!
  15. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Welcome BugChukr,

Orvis of Bellevue. They are one of the site sponsors here. You can click on their name on the left of the Main Forum page or on the Content Page under Sponsors. The shop is worth the trip, IMHO and to go on a day where Roger Stephens will be presenting some of the information that he uses to get on fish is a great idea. That makes it double worth the trip, IMHO. Good luck.
  16. Roger Stephens Active Member

Leland is away on a fishing trip to Ambergris this week so he wanted me to bump this thread.

There will be 12 flies of a new top water sand lance pattern that will be given away. Also, I just finished 23 pages of write-up and photographs that will be used as handouts. Hope to see some of you fellow WFF's there.

Roger
  17. Bruce Baker Active Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    Roger,

I was hoping to make your talk, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to. Is there any way I can get a copy (pdf, powerpoint, or paper) of your handouts? If hard copies are the easiest or best option, I have no problem throwing a few greenbacks your way to cover postage, an envelope, and your time.

Thanks,

Bruce
  18. Mike T Active Member

Gig Harbor, WA
    Ratings: +54 / 1
    I'm in the same boat with a last minute visit by family. I'd happily contribute to the cost!
  19. Miller Member

North Bend, WA.
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I will be pouring a patio on saturday, but would have gone to this. Like the last two have said, would be nice get a copy of the handout if you dont mind. I still think the seminars would be a great weekday evening gig
  20. Todd Connelly New Member

Sandy, Or.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    My boys and I'll be making the pilgrimage. I invited my brother who lives in Toutle to come along. His son who lives right there in Bellevue may join us also.

Cheers....................Todd