Roger Stephen's Secrets Outed!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by miyawaki, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Media:
    Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    Roger, Here's another one who can't make it Saturday and would like o access your information if poaoible thanks I coould down load it and print it here..

2. Stephen Butter

Stephen Butter Member

As you would expect, Roger's presentation on salt water fly fishing on South Puget Sound at Orvis gathered a standing crowd. Great presentation Roger, thank you. I have a lot of fishing to do and learn from.

3. casaboba

casaboba Member

Roger's presentation was first rate. He taught us many insightful and secretive things. The best being his favorite fishing spots ;-). Thanks Roger, and also to Orvis & Leland for a VERY helpful presentation.

4. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Media:
    Let me add my thanks to the others who were fortunate to attend Roger's presentation. His new surface sand lance pattern looks killer. I'ld describe it to you, but then Roger would have to kill me.

Steve

5. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Great presentation, I added a lot more information to my "SRC data base" for use starting this week. Of course, I knew I was out of luck on the draw for one of Roger's flies. I had number 13... Met some of the Forum guys and a few others as well. Truly enjoyed myself. Would have stayed longer but it's my wedding anniversary dinner night and had higher priorities.

6. Jim Riggins

Jim Riggins Member

I know this sounds stupid but what does PM mean? thanks Jim a Lewis River fly junkie

7. Todd Connelly

Todd Connelly Member

We had a great time. I/We really appreciate Mr Stephens eagerness to share his hard earned knowledge.

Now we just have to decide whether it's really practical to try to learn a new fishery like this from four hours away. I love a challenge. I love the fish, the beaches, the water, the smells of the salt. The distance, the press of people and the traffic....... not so much!

Thanks again!

Cheers..................Todd

8. Todd Connelly

Todd Connelly Member

Oh, and fishnrig. PM = "private message". If you click on a user name you can choose to send a private message to that person. And welcome! :)

Cheers...............Todd

9. Drag-Free Drift

Drag-Free Drift Member

It was a very useful and informative presentation, and there was no need to take notes. Mr. Stephens's voluminous handouts took care of that. Thanks, Roger, and thanks to the Orvis fly shop for providing the facilities.

10. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

I am glad that many of you have expressed your enjoyment of the presentation. It brings a smile to my face to know that the information was helpful. I apologize for being a little long winded at first and not hitting just the important points.

Steve(Cabezon) and Karl:

It was good talking to you both. I liked your posts razzing me about giving away fishing locations and keeping the Sand Lance Skater pattern under "wraps". Had a couple of good chuckles over that:D

Roger

11. Dale Dennis

Dale Dennis Formally Double-D

I wish I could have made it down for your presentation Roger but looking for work is my #1 priority right now. I'm guessing your skating lance is a variation of the skating tube I sent you last winter. The beaches have been producing really well here in the north sound. Along with some very large cutts we picked up some large dollies (18”+) on Saturday off one of my favorite beaches, but they were not all on the skater.
    I have been tying some other variations with this tube style (subsurface) but they haven’t been fished yet, you have probably second guessed me on this one already.
    Good fishing Roger
    Dale

12. Dizane

Dizane Coast to Coast

Media:
    I would have attended, but I was busy fishing.:clown:

Based on reading Mr. Stephen's posts here for several years, I'm sure it was A+.

13. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Roger speaking to an SRO crowd. Thanks Roger!

Leland.