Roll Call: Spey Competition - who's in??

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by FlyShopKristin, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    well i only have a 390gr scandi so i dont think that will work very well, but thanks for the offer. this was only my thrid time casting so id rather not use a hook right now. i think im just gonna use a huge chunk of yarn and tape all my sections together.

arthur
  2. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,744 / 0
    Let me look around I probably got something around here that will work on it. I'll fix up something and bring the CND for you. Besides I am sure there will be enough rods there for you to find something you can cast in the competition. You need to do this because you may win a rod.
  3. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    but i cant cast worth a shit compared to everybody i see at ben howards and i will probably embaress myself. and im young and have a long time to live with that embarassment. ill be their and maybe borrow a rod from somebody else, but thanks kerry.

arthur
  4. Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Kirkland, Washington
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    Don't worry about embarrassing yourself....... It's all in good fun. :D besides I fully plan on embarrassing myself :D
  5. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Back when Marlow did this up at Rockport they held the casting comp on the grass. I can throw some respectable line on the river but put me on grass and I suck. What would be a 100 foot cast for me on the water turned into a 40 footer on the grass. Still I had fun and came close to winning a couple of times because of the average cast rule. Don't worry about it. Everyone is there to have a good time and support each other. I have never done 2 handed casting on still water but I think I can do a little better than I did on the grass. Who knows I might suck on the pond also.
  6. jcalderon Member

A JUNGLE NEAR YOU
    That's true Maybe the cool contest can have a male and female prize? At least give me a danm chance to win SOMETHIN'

Look forward to seein you guys out there.
  7. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,615 / 0
    OK Kristin, coffee and breakfast will help. I'll be there as early as I can. I'm trying to talk Rochelle into coming so I can get at least one raffle ticket. Maybe if you'll give her some casting help she'll be more inclined. Let's see, if the cast off my left shoulder lands behind me, does that get subtracted from my right shoulder cast? Kerry, I've got a few 15' floating tips that I cut off various Spey lines. Loop one on to your Skagit head and you're good to go.

Sg
  8. FlyShopKristin Going Online

Monroe, Wa, USA.
    Tell Rochelle we'll definitely get some time on the water for instruction, you bet!

OK.... if the left shoulder cast wraps around your neck and snares a passer by and that passer by ends up in the lake... that's worth extra.
  9. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +422 / 0
    Will there be sanctioned cage fighting, or just casting?
  10. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,615 / 0
    Itchy, I think all cage fighting is unsanctioned. However, you can promote it all you want and take bets on the outcome.

Sg
  11. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    Too bad I will be out of town for this. It would be great to meet a bunch of you and try out some different sticks. I would be tempted to sign up for the competition, and so at least I will spare myself the embarrassment of some shitty casting!
  12. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Thanks Salmo, hope it weighs 155 grains or it will throw my precision timing all off:clown:
  13. speyforsteel Degenerate Caster

Eastern Washington
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    If work allows I'll Be there :thumb:
    What if I don't own a switch rod and wan't to enter the switch rod comp?
  14. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +56 / 0
  15. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    Sorta reminds me of when my kid was 5 and did the Ren Hoek "rule the world" impression..
  16. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Hey Matt Burke, zip it and break out a nice touch and go instead of wowing us all with your overheading prowess. I'm coming for the show.
  17. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +109 / 0
  18. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +109 / 0
  19. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +56 / 0
  20. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    went out today to ben howards and it was great! finally got my spey cast down and can cast some distance. and best thing yet is i didnt lose anything in the river!! and I dont think i can go to the fly fishing fair because i dont have a ride. but ill keep trying. hope to see you guys out their!

arthur