Roll Call

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by stewart dee, Jan 27, 2011.

1. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

With the last weekend approaching:beathead::beathead: I have a feeling we will all see each other out on the "S" rivers. Who is walk and wading? who is floating? who is just going to say F-it? I almost am on the F-it team:confused: Its not you guys, all the gear heads and all the guides are what turns my day into a meltdown. Just like last weekend a certain 21 ft. guide sled was fishing our bucket. Although we were there first and on foot, these guys felt the need to fish our swing water. Just not sure that will be much fun for the final finally. Good luck this last go around you guys.

2. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    Sounds about like last June when you and I were swinging through that narrow slot, and that guide boat barreled up in to it and fished it over and over again. I'm going to start carrying roman candles or something to fire at them next time.

3. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Media:
    What's it like fishing for a needle in haystack with 300 people doing the same. Id have a melt down just knowing my prospect of catching a fish is nearly impossible.

4. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Media:
    I'll be walking and wading locally, tomorrow, and atleast one day this weekend. Ath the very least it lets me practice casting eh?

5. bconrad

bconrad Member

It'll be a cluster for sure...I'm goin anyway. The key to a good day for me is not getting worked up about the lack of manners out there. Serenity now!

6. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    eff that.

and for all those looking to "get away from the crowds" and head to the OP: it's a complete shit show over that way too.

7. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

There is always the Cowlitz? right?

8. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm going to be in my sled bombing thru your run.

Welcome to the Skagit. Think it is bad now you should have been fishing it 15 years ago. The tiller monkeys would run up to within 10 or 15 feet of you, look you in the eye and ask you point blank if you had a problem.

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Sportsman Show.

10. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Active Member

I hear ya! I am starting see people over there in places that I never encountered another person in years prior. I guess that it is all to be expected given the situation in Puget Sound tributaries.

11. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Im thinking about SRC or rezzie action instead honestly. Or pass lake. Otherwise, you know its gonna be fucked everywhere! Maybe Ill do a hike in somewhere where there are no boats or lazy anglers

12. Rimmy

Rimmy Member

Camping at rockport saturday and sunday. running my sled and what the hell i may run up the sauk also. Hey Kerry lets have a drink saturday night.

13. Philster

Philster Active Member

Media:
    Since I decided, oh I don't know, THE DAY THEY FREAKIN' ANNOUNCED THE CLOSURE, that stitches or not, I was going to start fishin' again, I went today. It was a great day to fish the Snoqualmie... From a boat... With gear... I was of course wading with a fly rod. The water color was my dream winter water color. Fished through a long run twice. Once big and bright, once smaller (still big by 1990's standards) and dark. Nothing of course. But if there were fish, they would have been right on the beach under the conditions present. Of course this weekend under the barrage, the non-existent fish will be holding in deep fast water, terrified.

14. John Wallace

John Wallace Active Member

Was going to the show or going fishing. But have to work!

15. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

SOME ENCOURAGEMENT FOR YOU BOYS:beer2:

16. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Media:
    I will be working all weekend. Doesn't seem right to be harassing something about to go extinct...

17. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks but I don't drink. Likely won't be anyone up there to give you a ticket for running the Sauk. Even if there were I am not sure the wardens are aware or care that it is illegal to run a motorized boat on that river. I may take WW up on working all weekend. I am to bummed for fishing anymore. Thinking of selling off everything to do with river fishing and head for the salt. We might have another 10 to 20 years of fishing the sound before it is closed to all fishing.

18. TomB

TomB Active Member

not legal. i wouldn't try it unless you want some complimentary ballast materials from the bank fishermen.

19. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You know some of the crap spewed on this site is just that crap. What are you going to do? Shoot at the guy. That’s using your head. Are you going to throw rocks at him? That is really intelligent also. Or are you going to try and cast your lead weight into his boat? Good luck with that one. All of the above could be considered assault with intent to do harm. Not that any of the Skagit sled jockeys would call the cops on you but I do know of a few that would stop and kick you sorry ass all the way back to Seattle.

20. TomB

TomB Active Member

I'm not even going be up there Kerry, nor would I ever think about doing any of the things you suggested, I'm just saying that some folks up there may not take too kindly to jet boating on the sauk....whether it is throwing rocks, or as HAS ALREADY HAPPENED in the past, sawing up a trailer, jet boating the sauk is risking more than a ticket. Oh and one more thing. You can bet that people willing to cut up a trailer don't ask whether you are from skidrow wooley or seattle before they do it.