Roses Lake, Manson, WA (Near Lake Chelan)

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Jeff Dodd, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    Keep me in the loop. I'm close enough for a day trip.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  2. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,215 / 0
    Patrick, if you really want to get your daughter into LOTS of stockers, and I do mean LOTS, come up and fish Beehive or Clear Lake above Wenatchee. Beehive is 13 acres and was stocked with over 18,750 trout! That's over 1400/acre. Little 5 acre Clear Lake got 1600/trout per acre. The put and take lakes here have to be about the most heavily stocked in the state. It's hard not to catch something! They fish well all summer as they switch to C&R July 1 when they get an additional stocking. Beehive sits below Mission at 4000' while Clear is on the Heights at 3000'+ and are pretty little lakes, albeit manmade. Both are surrounded by pines and make a great after work trip to escape the summer heat as it will be much cooler up there. Both get tigers and they come up in the shallows in the evening and aggressively attack everything.
    Gary Knowels and Jeff Dodd like this.
  3. tyeoneon Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    I'll second that! I fished it on Monday and C&Rd over 30 in 2 1/2 hours!
  4. phil217 Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    On Roses lake is there a specific area of the lake people fish? I wanna try my hand there at Chironomid fishing...unless Tigers like something else? I will be there Memorial Day weekend. Any tips would be appreciated!
  5. ComeOnSounders Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +17 / 0
    Fishin Roses this weekend as well. I grew up in Manson but was never too into fishing back then. I'll be in the Livingston with the old man and my little brother. I'll report back. Enjoy your memorial weekend everyone!
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  6. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +390 / 0
    Look forward to your fishing reports
  7. ComeOnSounders Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +17 / 0
    Fishin was slow for us. Only went out today (Monday). Gorgeous day. Few blue gill on some olive buggers was good enough for us. The day was more about an inaugural trip for a rebuilt motor and fixed up trailer, plus a newbies first fish. Good time.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.