Ross Reach Spey

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Skyler Evans, Sep 8, 2013.

1. I searched for some reviews of the Ross Reach Spey rod and did not find anything on here. I have been researching spey fishing for about a week or so and would like to know you opinion on the rod. It would be for a first timer. Thank you for your opinion.

2. I was in the same boat as you. I could not find info on it either. However, that did not affect me too much as I ended up going with Echo. I did not have a good feeling about Ross rods.

3. I recently purchased a Reach 1307-4 and love it. Light in the hand and it can cast a mile when my timing is right. Loves an AirFlo Scandi Compact @ 480 gr.

4. Daniel ross makes some pretty awesome stuff typically

5. I've also been looking at the Ross speys. I have a few Ross reels and 5 & 6wt Ross Essence FC 9' rods. All of my Ross products are very well made and durable. Their rods have been somewhat under the radar as they are known as being a reel company and have not done a very good job marketing their rods. They have great warranty and customer service. I plan to get a 7-8wt spey rod this winter and will be strongly considering the Ross Reach rods. I love my 2 Ross FC rods, they are a real pleasure to cast and have the perfect taper for me (moderate-fast and accurate with plenty of reserve power when double hauling).

6. Take a look at the Redington Dually the reviews I've read are favorable for the price. Go to a local fly shop and try it out before buying one.