RSL Report!

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Jay Burman, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    I went to Rattlesnake on Tue from 8-noon. Released about 5. None with any lesions, but I have seen them in the past. They are still hitting, using LL method. Very sutle takes. Hoping to go back up Friday after work.
  2. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +728 / 0
    I give up...what's the LL method?
  3. Jay Burman Experienced Ne'r do well and Layabout.

Snoqualmie, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    I fished RSL this AM and I had the place to myself with the best parking space right next to the launch. The water temp was 63 Degrees at the surface and the water is still almost 50' deep. I fished with Chios on a Deep 7line. I landed a paltry 3 fish although they do seem to be getting bigger (14' to 15'). One the of the rainbows today and one I caught last week had the lesions as described in the precedecing posts. I looks like some type of parasite. It's not very attractive but I don't think it's likely to cause any widespread threat to the RSL fish population. I say Parasite because the water seems so clear, clean and relatively cool especially for August. It would seem less likely to be the result of a pollutant or bacteria than of some sort of parasite. I hope that the fish survive it with minimum damage. I will continue monitor the situation post any further findings.