Ruger LCP .380 with LaserMax

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by obiwankanobi, Dec 21, 2012.

1. obiwankanobi Active Member

Ratings: +98 / 0
    Anyone own one of these for concealed carry? I have only heard great things about these pistols and bought one of the few that are still on store shelves in the area. I will probably modify it with better clip footings and maybe add a rubberized grip.
  2. Theron Active Member

Near Coupeville, WA
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    I have one without the lasermax. It is great for concealed carry but the accuracy is not all that good. Oh, I can hit the target at 10 meters with the open sights but a laser would probably be the way to go if you are concerned with accuracy.
    Do to the small size it is a bit hard on your hand due the the recoil if you do a lot of shooting. I did add the extension to the magazine which helped it fit my larger hand better. I don't have the rubberized grip but I suspect that would also aid in comfort when shooting.
    It conceals will. You can carry it in your pocket in one of the "pocket holsters". i can't remember where I got my holster but It fits in my pocket and breaks the profile of the LCP.
  3. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    Congrats on your purchase! I don't own one but I've been thinking of picking one up for times when I can't carry my M&P9C. They are ~$350 at fred meyers with the Lazermax. I like the idea of front pocket carry. I don't like the idea of possibly protecting myself with a .380 round, but it'll be better than nothing.
    PS, your new gun uses a magazine, not a clip. the two are not the same and saying clip is a lot like saying fly pole. It just makes people hake their heads and gives you away as an inexperienced newb. ;)
  4. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +641 / 0
    I have one sans laser. Accurate at 7-10 yards with appropriate practice, uber-reliable, but not something you want to shoot 200-rounds thru in a single sitting. I carry this in my cargo shorts pocket during the Summer when carrying my larger preferred piece isn't feasible. Blackhawk makes an excellent inexpensive pocket holster.
  5. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    Well, I picked one up too. Got it with the Lazermax for $350 at Freddy's. I was having consitant failure to ejects, 2 or 3 per magazine. Spent some time polishing the feed ramp and chamber and now it cycles great. I was reading on the Elsie Pea forum all about this little pistol. I ended up putting on the Hogue Handal hybrid grip. I really like it and it fits well as it's made for this gun. I also ordered a Wolf 12# recoil spring to replace the stock 9# spring. This is will cut back slightly on the recoil, but also make the pistol much more reliable and reduce the distance the brass is thrown(I find mine up to 20' away now!)
    Still waiting for my Desantis Pocket holster and IWB holster. Did you end up getting any type of holster?
  6. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +722 / 1
    My wife and I tested one last week and it seemed OK...nothing particular to get over excited about good or bad. I doubt we'll get one, but it is a Ruger and that says enough about it's durability and reliability for me.
  7. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    bbrech...do you have a brother named Phil Jackson? :D
  8. Theron Active Member

Near Coupeville, WA
    Nope, don't think so.
  9. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    The first time I saw your avatar, I did a double take...now please me your not 6' 8".
  10. Theron Active Member

Near Coupeville, WA
    I'm closer to 5' 8" than 6' 8". My hair in't as gray and it's a lot longer. You can't see the pony tail from the avatar but its close to 18"
  11. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    OK then. My hope for some free LA Lakers tickets now dashed, let me say hello to our friend from NE.