Runnining line? Amnesia?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Pedro J Figueroa, Aug 15, 2012.

1. k2flyfisher its taco time. wheres the sauce?

Portland, OR
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    golf- i hear ya on line control for what youre doing. for how i usually fish, i dont tend to manipulate the head after the initial mend (if needed), but i can see why you prefer the coated runners.

so not to change the subject, but on the topic of replacing an integrated runner with mono, my standard rear taper that i leave on (after finding the fattest part of the line and measuring back) is about 18 inches. it really is a personal preference but its just what ive gotten used to and like the results of what ive found. i realize that i lose some of the grains in the rear taper and that i'll have to tolerate the clicking of the connection through the guides when in a tight spot on the water, but to me, its worth the trade off for the mono runner (on certain lines).
  2. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +106 / 0
    On mark B's flyfishusa on Sunday (of all things to order up a shoot line) and in his product description he commented that Amnesia (sp?) is no longer available. Anyone actually seen the product either 'on-line' or in a 'sticks and bricks' shop?
  3. James Waggoner Active Member

wa
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    I've heard it's been out of production for years....but it seems to be readily available on ebay, shops or even sportsman's
  4. Big Tuna Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    The Fly Shop in Redding, CA has it in their catalog.