NFR Ryder Cup Meltdown

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by freestoneangler, Sep 30, 2012.

1. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +724 / 1
    What a sad display of giving up a sure win on your home field... this should have been over 2 hours ago unbelievable! :mad:
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,657 / 0
    I agree with you. I'm watching but not believing it.
  3. doublespey Steelhead-a-holic

Bothell, WA
    Ratings: +22 / 0
    Not good . . . :eek:
  4. Evan Salmon Member

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +18 / 0
  5. Eric Candelaria Member

North Bend, Wa
    Ratings: +22 / 0
    I could have gone fishing !
    freestoneangler likes this.
  6. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Davis Love received personal well wishes from 3 presidents, but the sitting one was noticeably absent. Could he have been secretly rooting for the blue team?
  7. Bob Anderson Member

Preston, WA
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Sitting president was waiting to congratulate the winning US team.

But for DLIII's dumb idea about shelving Bradley and Phil to keep them fresh for Sunday, we'd have won. Piss poor idea putting the oldest guy on the team to play 36 holes two days in a row. Stricker's play and DLIII's decision to play him cost us the cup.
  8. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Have to agree about the overuse of Stricker...the tea leaves from his prior play were pretty easy to read. As for the no call by BHO to wish the team success, I still say that's piss poor...particularly considering how much friggin golf the tax payers have paid for to date :D
  9. fifafu Guest

Ratings: +1 / 0
    Yeah that sucks. I hope the PGA does something different in nameing the next captain. I am sick of 52 year old ex-tour player who bring zero authority to the party. I have three names.

1. Captain Jack Nicklaus - He would tell Tiger and Stricker to take seat if he felt like it. I feel like every other captain ends up bowing to Tigers resume.
    2. Captain Tiger Woods - I have a feeling Tiger would play his way onto the team and buy into the Ryder Cup hook line and sinker for the first time.
    3. Captain Fred Couples - Who gives a shit? Everybody loves Boom Boom!

I bogeyed 16 and 18 today. I feel the pain. FUUUUUUUUUUDGE!