S Fork Snoqualmie Regs Confusion

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Greg Price, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Greg Price

Greg Price Love da little fishies

Wow,

I looked at this year's regs, page 31.

It lists in bold the SNOQULMIE RIVER UPSTREAM OF FALL, SNOQUALMIE RIVER TRIBUTARIES, AND SNQUALMIE RIVER , MIDDLE FORK.

It first appeared to me that the S Fork and N Fork have become bait fishing, catch and kill fisheries.

Look closer, it is the TRIBUTARIES of the N Fork and South fork where statewide min size/daily limit are in effect and bait fishing/fish bonking is permitted.

The S Fork and N Fork are still selective gear rules (barbless, no bait) with min size 10".

In this context, the North, Middle and South Fork of the Snoqaulmie are not considered tributaries to the main stem of the Snoqualmie. Tributaries are considered to be steams the run into the Forks of he Snoqualmie

2. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Media:

That's a good summary. I would only add for clarification to your post above that the catch and kill fisheries on the S. and N. Fork are seasonal and not year round. An eight inch fish is a very rare find in S. and N. Fork tribs and some are barren of any trout at all, as I've fish a good number of them. So there aren't many killing opportunities for the very few who may actually try fish them, even if they were inclined to do so.

Greg Price likes this.
  3. Greg Price

Greg Price Love da little fishies

Thanks Dave

Brookie_Hunter likes this.
  4. cwbraue

cwbraue Member

Media:
    I just looked at the regs as I had it open still on my laptop and it says that the Snoqualmie above the falls is selective rules including the North and South Forks.

The tributaries don't say selective gear rules, so you're right about that.