S. Sound reports?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by ibn, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator

Somewhere you don't know about, WA
    Ratings: +53 / 1
    My reports were from purdy spit. It is really hit and miss there alot of the time.
  2. prosopium Member

a thousand miles from nowhere
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Just thought id add something

Been fishing about twice a week for the last month since i got back from bozeman. Went out friday and sturday to doc's and got skunked for the first time, Had a chance at a couple on friday but blew it. Sunday was real good for about 20 minutes, fishing at a spot in the harbor. Lots of fish jumping around up and down the beach, actually saw the two biggest silvers ive ever seen in the south sound, ended up 4 for 5 with 3 silvers and one cutty. Ive strictly been fishing the outgoing tide about the last 2 to 3 hours before the low. All fish on streamers out far, and stipped real fast. Thought id report it.
  3. Ken II LIB

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    new member, just droppin a line
    puget sound fly shop home base
  4. ibn Moderator

Federal Way
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    I played hookey and fished/crabed on Wed. Ohhhhh boy, talk about weather. I think it was about as blustery and wet as the sound gets. The fishing was pretty slow, almost every one of my favorite spots was chocolate brown thanks to the rain runoff. We found 1 nice school of residents that were jumping and managed to hook and land 1. Saw a few other random fish throughout the day but was unable to hookup. Did ok dropping the crabpots, got 5 keepers in 2 diff spots.
  5. Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator

Somewhere you don't know about, WA
    Ratings: +53 / 1
    Well it's either the rivers being out or blowing wind and some nice waves pick your choice! Looks like the crabs don't mind the weather.