S. Sound Reports?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by dave, Jan 20, 2006.

1. dave

dave New Member

Media:
    I am thinking of taking a trip to the South Sound this Sunday. I was if anyone has a report on the recent fishing?
    Dave

2. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    When I left to go back to school 2 weeks ago, It was hit and miss. Did really well acouple days and then had some bad ones too. Find a spot and work it over. They are out there!

3. TimHa

TimHa Member

Home Page:
    I was out in the good ebb on Thursday along with about 3 other guys and no one caught anything the 2.5 hours I was there. I saw a few fish right when I arrived but that was it for the afternoon. The other guys all said it has been kind of slow. But hey, the sun is reportedly gonig to come out so just walking the beach without being wet would be a bonus these days.

Tim

4. ibn

ibn Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Took the whaler out and had a great day today in the s. sound, we landed 5 cutts, 1 taped at 18" then another 20", biggest cutts I've ever seen in person. Most caught on olive clousers, both rabbit and bucktail. We'd anchor up about 10 to 15' off shore and cast up and down the beach. All fish were caught within 10' of the shoreline in shallow water.

5. dave

dave New Member

Media:
    Thanks. Great Reports!

6. Bruce Davidson

Bruce Davidson formerly hatman

My partner and I had a great day in the S. Sound as well. We both landed our first saltwater Cutts ever on our first day of trying this fishery. Both fish were 17 1/2 inches. Beautiful fish. Olive clouser and deceiver did the tricks. All the good advice from this website made it happen for us. Fish were in very shallow water, casting parallel to the shore. What a great treat to be able to do this just 45 minutes from home.

7. Mike Etgen

Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Media:
    I worked a beach on the Narrows today and on my third cast had a 12" cutt, then absolutely nothing for the next three hours. Also saw no feeding activity of any kind, had hoped for some silvers. :hmmm:
    And, spoke to a passerby who said he's a regular walker there and hasn't seen any kind of activity, compared to last winter.
    It did clear up nicely, though...

8. Nick A.

Nick A. New Member

Media:
    I went to the beach near the narrows and it was windy windy windy. only fished for a couple hours and caught nothing, had to go back home to watch the hawks.

Go Seahawks:beer2:

9. orkila

orkila Member

Couldn't face another day in the house, hit the beach to the south of Doc's on a stong incoming tide(and strong incoming rain). No one else choose to share the water with me. One resident silver on a small silver and blue baitfish imitation. Observed a bald eagle, seal, and assorted waterfowl but no visible fish activity over the course of 2 hours. Great to get out.

Orkila

10. gigharborflyfisher

gigharborflyfisher Native Trout Hunter

Media:
    Home Page:
    I had to get out yesterday, even if the only thing that I got was some casting practice. I fished evening incoming, and found the water at the beach I hit blow out (really murky). These super high tides and the rain have made for some poor fishing conditions. I ended up with my casting practice and that was all.

11. TimHa

TimHa Member

Home Page:
    I hit the Narrows today from 12-2 and did OK. No fish were showing but I ended up finding the school of silvers and got 3 and had another hit. All fish took my little Epoxy Herring pattern which seems to work especially well in the winter when they aren't obviously on shrimp and such. The fish may have been on the feed before the storm that is reportedly on its way here tonight and tomorrow.

Tim

12. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

I fished the beach at the Vashon Ferry Terminal up and down on Thursday. I never saw a sign of fish and had nary a bump. It was 1 1/2 hours each side of the low.

Randy

13. TimHa

TimHa Member

Home Page:
    I hit the water again this afternoon, it was too nice to spend the day sitting at the computer. Got one lonely silver on my herring pattern and saw a few jumpers, no sign of fish feeding near the surface. I talked to the DFW guy and he said it has been pretty darn slow compared to last year which is what I've noticed without having to take statistics. Still, walking the beach, casting, and watching the birds and seals was better than writing code.

Tim

14. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

Hit the Southworth Ferry beach today with a buddy and got one flounder. He got nothing. Saw no risers nor other fish activity. Beautiful day.

Randy

15. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Media:
    Randy,

Glad to know I wasn't the only one skunked yesterday. Nice warm breeze blowing over my shoulder made for some nice distance casting, though.