NFR Sad day......

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Mark Walker, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +201 / 1
    Rare that I go "quietly" anywhere, Alex. Appreciate the quote though.
    Alex MacDonald likes this.
  2. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +201 / 1
    Not over-reacting at all, Bob. Definitely way too young for that activity.
  3. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +633 / 0
    Thanks for the correction Mark. I used to be decent Harley spotter, but I never would have got that one.
  4. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Not only is it not smart, it's not legal. Minimum age is 5.
  5. Robert Engleheart Robert

Lemoore, CA
    Ratings: +111 / 0
    I wish that were the case here in CA. No minimum age.
  6. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Crazy
  7. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +532 / 0
    OMJ, we are bros! About 48 years ago my brother had a Honda 160 Scrambler, which I bought from him when he got his first car. I dumped it jumping over a large ditch, and also had some close calls on it. Sold it after we moved to Honolulu and I needed a car to take surfboards to the beach.
    Wasn't much fun to ride in the city with stoplights and heavy traffic, anyway.
    Last bike I rode was a '68 Triumph 500 Tiger that my brother didn't need while he was recovering from seriously critical injuries sustained in a head-on after he borrowed my car. As soon as the insurance paid and I found a new steel cage, I ditched riding the Triumph, even though it was a cool ride for heading out to Sandy Beach or Makapuu with my fins and towel, or touring around the Windward side and N shore. I had 3 close calls where I had to avoid other reckless drivers, and saved myself with quick defensive maneuvering, and that scared me away from motorcycles.
  8. gbeeman Active Member

Kennewick WA
    Ratings: +35 / 0
    What is it with the Honda 160s? My freshman year in collage I borrowed a friend’s 160 and a 1960 Ford Galaxy turned left in front of me and I destroyed his right rear quarter panel. I wasn’t hurt but the bike was banged up pretty good.

I sold my last bike over 30 years ago but I still keep the endorsement on my license. What’s up with that?

GBeeman
  9. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +532 / 0
    They seemed to be the near-perfect "newbie bike." Bigger and more aggro looking than the civilized Honda Sport 90 I had before the 160. I always coveted my brother's 160, and jumped at the chance to trade up. I still feel lucky that I didn't kill myself on that thing.

Of course what we all really wanted back then in the mid-60's was the Honda 250 Scrambler. It was the coveted machine among us newly licensed maniacs. One of my brother's friends had the highest GPA in his class, was athletic, good looking, had a really beautiful GF, and rode a Vespa to school. He was ahead of his time.
  10. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +769 / 0
    then they turn round when something "bad" happens and cry about nobody warning them. What some people require is a license to reproduce!
  11. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +456 / 0
    I thought thats what a Marriage license was for?
  12. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +769 / 0
    In addition to a marriage license!