Safety Pin Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    I got the idea from another board I visit and participate in. The flies are tied on a safety pin. I posted a picture of one in the gallery and Chris thought they might make nice gifts, I agree.

Here's the deal, swap is open to 12 tiers, everyone ties one fly on a safety pin (your choice of fly and size of pin). Mail the flies to me so they are in my hot little hands by January 15th with a SASE or postage. I mix them up and send you one fly back.

Any takers? First 12 are in.

Ron Eagle Elk
  2. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Only one taker so far and that's my wife, Vickie. Any one else out there want to try this one?

REE
  3. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    What the hell...I'll join Ron, sounds interesting if it's still going to happen.
    Don't know what I'll tye up yet...
  4. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Scott, Appreciate the effort, but I think I'll call this one off for lack of interest. Maybe nxt year, a little earlier in the year.

REE
  5. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +656 / 5
    Ron, are you a member on flytyingforum? Under another name by chance? I'm in that swap. Didn't know you lurked there.
  6. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Nope, not me, Jerry. I got the idea from a guy on FAOL. By the way, your buddy Mike at Red Shed get me into a new TFO spey rod (6 WGT) very a very reasonable price.

Later REE