sage 1016 - light line casting

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by yuhina, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Mark someone reminded me of this and getting back to the original intent of this post.......you elude to a spincasting comp, if you were to do so would it be easier to cast said comp rod with a light weight plug or with a plug that was around the weight that the rod was intended for?

2. to simplify it mark tell me if you have a spin fishing rod that is rated for a 1/2 ounce plug will it be easier to throw it 100ft with a 1/4 ounce plug or with a 1/2 ounce plug. Pretty simple!

3. Mark, your knowledge of all this and Greggs knowledge are 2 different things, Gregg casts in a `Fulcrum` style already.
    Fulcrum casting and underhand casting are 2 different styles of cast although there are similiaritys, as in all good casts, but they are different.
    I know Gregg so can use the cute monicar on him, you dont know me......so dont......lol.

4. Why change the subject I asked you a simple question that has a simple answer and relates directly to what this post was all about.
    Rod rated for a 1/2 ounce plug, would it be easier to cast a 100ft with a 1/2 ounce plug or a 1/4 ounce plug , with said rod???

5. I was not the one asking

6. Nice Video of Steve, very old clip of him.
    having fished with Steve and your original spirit of this thread is one of using a lighter line when conditions dictated in a fishing situation, I can tell you that in a fishing situation he would use a heavier line if given the choice:thumb:

7. I see a statement but no question.

8. It may not make sense to you but it is a truth.
    Now about the rod rated for a 1/2 ounce plug????????

9. If you wont answer my question about the rod tated for a 1/2 ounce plug why should I waste my time?????