sage 1016 - light line casting

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by yuhina, Nov 22, 2011.

1. fisshman26 Member

Trail, B.C., Canada.
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    I am done!
    respectfully
  2. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
    Ratings: +43 / 0
  3. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
  4. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
  5. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    i fail to see what your question has to do with the thread? why are u wasting ur time?

isnt fly casting the casting of a line, vs spin casting is the casting of a lure?
  6. speyghillie speyghillie

River Spey Scotland
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    Hi Yuhina,
    Really enjoyed this thread, and wondered if you thought about the most efficient way to cast a light line on a spey rod, i believe the most efficient way is not in a underhand speycasting style, what would you say to underhand style of casting being possibly the least efficient way to flex the rod .
    Thanks Gordon.
    DTX Pro Staff.
  7. fisshman26 Member

Trail, B.C., Canada.
    Read the whole thread Mark was the one that first brought up spin casting.
  8. SPEYBUM Member

CARNATION, WASHINGTON, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Granted I may have led you astray from my original response.
    I was looking for the depth of your knowledge
    and most important the depth of your understanding of the points being made by other in their esponses.

IMHO
    Getting back to the original question.
    What I was alluding to was one simple thing.
    Your Video did not match what you were saying.
    Are you showing your audience what you are talking about?

The Camera’s Perspective

I ask these simple questions when watch I any video which is made to inform.
    What is the fly doing, what is the leader doing, what is the line doing, whats is the rod doing and last what is the caster doing to make it happen.
    If these criteria have being met then I move onto the text

Text
    Then does the text match what video is showing.

Chris makes one simple statement.
    “In Search of Perfect Loop”
    He then videos the loop and the loop generation from every conceivable angle so that the viewer ( the only one in equation that counts) can form their own opinion if he has fulfilled the purpose of the video.

Chris’s forward cast comes from Mel Krieger.

Note their is very little difference in the forward cast delivery from the single handed to the two handed cast.
    As you can see in his forward casting style and how he repositions the rod tip in during forward higher flight path.
    This does way with the cross tailed forward loop the is so chronic of side arm casters.
    His cast is Scandinavian but he has modified his back cast by using a hybrid V-Loop than a rather than V-D Loop or a D-Loop and doing this his forward cast is made at lower tip angle, relative to the caster.
    The V-D Loop and D-Loop are high forward cast delivery.
    His frame speed time line has been modified to show the whole loop formation sequence in such a way that the viewer has time to see the process.

Mark
    Post Script Keep making you videos but think of what you are trying to show and whom you are trying to show it.

Does the suspended anchor’s math work out to prove or disprove Ed’s theory.
    Opps this could be another whole new thread.

I do not know><?
  9. inland Active Member

Ratings: +45 / 0
    Mark,

I read through this thread and I am yet again bewildered with mumbo jumbo. Video overload. But your comments on how to improve distance efficiency for casting competitions are most alluring. I truly think you need to spend some time, face time with the best casters in the world. To see first hand what simply is not ever captured in the online casting clips. To be able to see errors and flaws. But most importantly to watch the minute details as a great cast happens from start to finish from as many angles as you wish. Not a camera lens with careful editing. Clearly seeing the line/leader/rod/caster go through their paces in real time.

William
  10. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
  11. speyghillie speyghillie

River Spey Scotland
    O bugger,
    I dont see an answer to my question....
    Gordon
    DTX Pro Staff.
  12. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
  13. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
  14. SPEYBUM Member

I have a little trouble understanding this statement.

Where is the pivot point?
    :confused:
  15. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
  16. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
  17. SPEYBUM Member

18. speyghillie speyghillie

River Spey Scotland
    Hi Yuhina,
    Still liking this thread....., and still waiting for the answer, while you work it out i would like to point out that i know Henrik is a true master of the Underhand casting style, body movement to stop over rotation, feet position/ using your body as mass............ are more Integrated
    (combining or coordinating separate elements so as to provide a harmonious movement.) in Traditional speycasting than they ever will be in the Underhand style of casting, it was called the Spey waltz many many years ago on Speyside.
    Using the stone throwing as an example in casting movement is nothing new.

Alexander Grant in a letter to "Jock Scott" dated 1933
    I invariably picked up a stone at the water-side to show the simple method of using the rod, which, in the majority of cases ended in failure, like the golfer who cannot adapt himself to the correct swing of the club.
    I have watched Henrik cast and my intention is not to take anything away from a true master of his art, but to help understand that there are so many misconceptions about Underhand casting........... and what is really not new in Speycasting.

Better get to work.
    Gordon
    DTX Pro Staff.
  19. fisshman26 Member

Trail, B.C., Canada.
    Nice Gordon!
  20. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho