Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sage Circa 2 wt - opinions wanted

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Kyle Smith 
#1 ·
Anyone on here fish a 2 wt Circa and have an opinion on whether it's too noodly?

Speak now or forever hold your peace as I may commision one to be built Tuesday night.

#4 ·
Zen, I have the 3 wt and it's a beautiful small stream rod...
Yes, they have a slow action, but are in no way noodles IMHO.
I can compare the rod to ZXL,s TXL's, LL's and SLT's that I've had in 2 - 4 weight in the past and the Circa is a favourite by a fair margin.
The feel is everything I love about glass, but without the weight & wobble and with the Perception line, the rod will easily make long casts for the rare times they're required on the small waters I fish.
I think Sage have really nailed it with the Circa.

#7 ·
If'n I was in a big city such as Duvall I might be able to test out a 2 wt at a local enterprise. Moses Lake is a little behind the fly shop curve as we have to make do with picking up reasonably fresh roadkill for materials and reading magazines for reports of newer rods. I believe the latest model stocked in Moses Lake is of Greenheart construction. If Itchy Dog vouches for the 3 wt then the 2 wt must similar.

#10 ·
I was fishing with a guy earlier this year (he can chime in if he wants) and he gave me a 2 wt fiberglass rod reputedly made by the nephew of Ray Bergman. You young whippersnappers might not attach any significance to a relative of Bergman but back in my early fly tying days that was the book I used. I also won a 4 wt modern fiberglass our club had a silent auction on in March. It was made by another board member. I was just looking for the opportunity/reason to have a lightweight Circa made.

Mark - just checked on the availability of the greenheart and it's held for some guy named Walton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.