Sage DS2 5 wt., excellent, only $125!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Denny, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:
    Sage DS2 580(Discovery Series 2 8', 2 piece, 5 weight), factory rod with cordura covered Sage tube. This is the current model with the polished blank and wood insert reel seat, etc. Just like at the fly shop!

This is a wonderful all-around fly rod for rivers and stillwater. It has a medium fast action, so it has "touch", but still has power to chuck a cast for all the distance you need for trout fishing.

Own a U.S. made rod, Sage quality, service, and performance at an import rod price!

This rod retails for $220; yours for $125.

Please contact me directly.

Thanks,

Richard
    rdembry@comcast.net

:thumb

2. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:
    Man, this is a great trout rod and even better deal! You can't buy Sage rods at a discount, unless they are a discontinued model (which this is not).

I get folks who say they want to buy it, then change their minds. Heck, I'm going to keep it if I don't sell it soon! It's a great all-around rod, working on small creeks, rivers, and lakes. The length makes it particularly good rod for women and young fly fishers; 9' rods are often challenging for the aforementioned to control. (Randi Swisher, formerly of Sage and now a rep of many top fly fishing products and who just won the ISE Best in the West casting competition in Salt Lake with a cast of 114' with a 5 weight, once told me his favorite rod length is 8'6", when fishing Montana rivers, and not the more popular 9' rods currently in vogue).

Thanks for your time!:thumb

3. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:
    SOLD!!!!

:thumb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.