sage,fenwick, SA, winston, etc

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by tonemike, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonemike

tonemike fish'n glass

Media:
    1) S.A. Sytstem 8 (8'9" 8wt) fiberglass fly rod in near mint condition with orig rod bag and aluminum tube serial # c1517. $125
    2) Fenwick Streamer 7'6" 5wt (2 1/2oz.) model ST756-2, a nice light medium action rod for stream/creek fishing. in excellent+ condition. $50
    3) Sage 581LL-2 (8'1" 5wt) weighing 2 7/16oz. in excellent+ condition, except the reel seat is slightly swollen. a sweet dry fly rod that's only been used a half dozen times. $225
    4) Fenwick HMX 8wt 9' 2pc model HMXF908-2, great for salmon, steelhead, or salt. this rod replaced their classic HMG, one of the first great graphite rods. in excellent condition. $90
    5) Winston IM6 8'6" 3pc 5wt serial #31642, now called the WT. one of america's favorite trout rods. grip & blank are in great shape, but the walnut reel seat shows signs of wear. $250
    6) Montague Flash bamboo 9' 3pc fly rod that's either never/rarely been used or it's been beautifully restored. the label is 100% and comes with orig bag and alum tube. $100
    7) Lamson LP4 machined fly reel in great mechanical shape (for 8-11wt line), but has definite rim wear. reel comes with an extra spool that's brand new (cost 100 bucks). $125
    8) 2 good hardy featherweight (flyreel) knock offs...Diawa 700 (for 2-4wt) and Berkley 540 (for 4-5wt). both in excellent condition. $45
    9) SA Mastery 11wt Tarpon Taper. spooled once, but never even lawn cast. $20
    10) 2 Shakespeare Russell click-pawl fly reels in excellent shape. both around 65 yrs old and in excellent condition. $45
    11) Sage RPLX 8'9" 2pc 8wt custom made with titanium guides (just before the RPLXi's were available). in good+ condition. $200
    please e-mail me if you have any questions regarding buying or trading stuff...tonemike@verizon.net
    thanks,
    mike

2. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    Mike,

What line weight is the Monty Flash rated for?

Thanks

K

kent@L2D.com

3. tonemike

tonemike fish'n glass

Media:
    Flash

hey kent,
    i sent you an e-mail. sure hope you got it. please call or e-mail me directly.
    tonemike@verizon.net
    thanks,
    mike

4. tonemike

tonemike fish'n glass

Media:
    flash

hey kent,
    the e-mail somehow didn't do through. anyways,
    i cast a 7wt line with it, but truth be told, i've never tried any other
    line weight. i really prefer glass and graphite, so this rod just sits in
    the fishing closet. it looks really nice but i'd rather sell it or trade
    for something i'd use (i.e. a back up salmon fly rod, older american made
    reels, or a decent 3wt reel). let me know what you think. you'd
    certainly have a 3 day return-upon-inspection deal. if you want to e-mail me, i'll send my phone number so we can talk live. thanks for inquiring.
    michael

5. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    Mike,

Sorry but my ISPs POP server has been down since early this morning so my regular email is dead. Send me a PM or email to a temporary address: klufkin (at) yahoo.net Is the Monty a single or double tip model? Are you in the Seattle area?

Thanks for your patience,

K

6. tonemike

tonemike fish'n glass

Media:
    monty

hey kent,
    my message to your yahoo address was returned also. you gotta love technology. :beathead: please just e-mail me when you're up and running. talk to you soon.
    mike

7. dp

dp ~El Pescador

Is the fenwick streamer still available?
    sounds like a great starter rid for my son.
    please advise.

thanks-dp
    email at pardod@lanepowell.com

8. tonemike

tonemike fish'n glass

Media:
    fenwick

another member bought nearly everything i had, including books and some steelhead tying stuff. it was a nice light 5wt though. the temple fork and cabela stowaways are both nice relatively inexpensive fly rods. another thought...you can get very good used fiberglass rods for cheap these days. they're very durable to say the least, and their slower action allows you to really feel the rod loading, and it's softer action keeps my kids from breaking too much tippet. here's a site that offers used glass rods if you're interested:
    http://p205.ezboard.com/fglassflyrodshopforumclassicglasstackleexchange
    copy this and paste it into your address box and click enter to check it out. good luck.
    mike

9. dp

dp ~El Pescador

thanks- appreciate the response and the leads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.