Sage guys ... check this thread out ...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by royalcoach, Feb 20, 2014.

1. royalcoach

royalcoach Active Member

I came across this thread today while looking for reviews on a ZXL 590-4.

The thread starts off as a ZXL review thread but very quickly turns into a .... I don't know exactly what...

But there are a ton of interesting comments about flyrod marketing, and Sage, and Winston, and Korean rods,.. as well as some interesting Jerry Siem chatter.

WARNING : It is one very very long-ass thread.... and ..... hard to read and follow at times....
    But it has to be one of my all time favorites....
    Im still picking through it.

As an aside ... I did buy a used ZXL 590-4 today from a forum member here...
    3rd used Sage I have bought here in the classifieds in one week...

Cabin fever is getting costly ! :D:eek:

Enjoy !

http://www.sexyloops.co.uk/cgi-bin/theboard_07/ikonboard.cgi?act=Print;f=5;t=8811

2. MarkY3130

MarkY3130 Active Member

You warned me about the length and I thought I went in prepared... I only made it halfway through. Interesting thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. rustybee

rustybee Active Member

Holy old (and long) thread, Batman!

4. royalcoach

royalcoach Active Member

Yeah ... meant to say it was from back in 2008.... and from "across the pond".

Those guys don't piss on each other not half as much as we often do over here.
    And got a kick out of there rod action descriptions.....

"chewey"
    "winstony"
    "beltin' "
    "crackin' "

And some of those chaps ... " farkin love" their sticks :D

I didn't quite follow the technical rod index stuff for same weights rods and rods of the same model across the line....but I fully understand what they are referring too.

Loved the comment about the guy whining about the cost of a new Tibor reel to the Tibor rep.... who replies.... " Get a second job then"

Two feet of snow here in less than a week .... 3 new used Sage rods purchased this snowy week .... and looking for one more.... I gotta get out from behind this desk.
    Guess Im collecting now .... and eating Ramen noodles for the rest of the month :eek:

5. Jeff Cheng

Jeff Cheng Jeff Cheng

Had no idea that buying rods was a symptom of cabin fever, but clearly I have it too. January and February haven't been too good for my wallet...

6. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

OK, but I still like my SLT 590. It werks fer me/

7. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Brit based fly boards are a bunch of 'Mellow Fellows?' Some are, most are anything but........

One that comes to mind has a section called 'Viewpoint,' amazing the a$$ ripping that goes on between some of the members.

8. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Brit based fly boards are a bunch of 'Mellow Fellows?' Some are, most are anything but........

One that comes to mind has a section called 'Viewpoint,' amazing the a$$ ripping that goes on between some of the members.