Sage ID Help

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Yooperboy, May 2, 2014.

1. Yooperboy

Yooperboy New Member

Does anyone and I do mean anyone know how to locate the registration number on a Sage One? I just purchased a Sage 8136-4 as a retirement present to myself and for the life of me I cannot locate the registration number. I own 4 other Sage rods and have had no problem with any of them. I'm lucky enough to still have 20-20 vision so seeing isn't the issue. I just want to get this rod on record before (as luck might have it) I tear it up.
    As for the rod itself, I am a total Spey noob. Look for me in the Spey pages begging for help, instruction and direction. The first thing on my retirement bucket list is a steelhead on this rod. But first things first.
    Help.
    Thanks/Tommy

2. 5shot

5shot Member

Takes a bit of a side light...maybe a flashlight. It's tough, because it is black and so is the blank.

3. jake-e-boy

jake-e-boy No mas

just remember that slow and steady wins the race for spey/skagit blasting.

4. 5shot

5shot Member

Mine is located right under "Konnetic Technology" and it takes a side light (close), shined into the blank to see it. I have 20/20 and I am a good 20 years from retirement and it is invisible without the light. You are not alone...

5. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

Use a UV light