Sage Light Line 590 Specs Question

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Southsound, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Southsound Steve Cole - Nisqually and Adjacent Environs

South Puget Sound (again!), WA, USA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Hey All...

I can't find my cheat sheet for the Sage 590 LL blank I am wrapping and need the specs on the tip top and winding check IDs ... any help would be appreciated alot!

Thanks

Steve Cole
  2. Jake Smulkowski Throwing hoppers into baetis falls

Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    For the tiptop, it should be a 4.0 or 4.5...probably not too much harm in getting a couple of each for repairs, replacements, etc. in the future, anyway. As for the winding check, do you want it because you like the look of winding checks? Or are you covering up a gap? I like omitting the winding check, for miniscule weight savings, but also to show off all of my hard work reaming the cork to the exact diameter required. A matter of personal preference, of course!
  3. Southsound Steve Cole - Nisqually and Adjacent Environs

Thanks for the info on the tip top. As it is, I may have the right size afterall as I found a stash of about a dozen when I was cleaning by rod building space up. As to the winding check, I am trying to build the rod as close to Sage's original which includes a nice NC winding check.

Thanks again...

Steve
  4. willieboat Member

Lacey, WA
    Hi Steve,
    Go to www.sageflyfish.com.
    Then click resources. I see that they list both 2 and 4 piece models.

Don
  5. Southsound Steve Cole - Nisqually and Adjacent Environs

Don... thanks. I did get the guide specs available via the Sage website but they did not list the tip top or winding check sizes. Finally called Sage repairs and got the info... tip-top 4.5 and a 22.5 mm wc.

Thank again...

Steve
  6. huibgeselschap Member

Holland, europe
    hi there,
    im interested to hear from you how you like the rod, mines on its way, and i cant wait to wet a line, what line to put on it?
    greetz
    huib