Sage new saltwater rod

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Porter, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +535 / 0
  2. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +570 / 0
    Dipnet likes this.
  3. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    I was thinking Method, Motive, Means and Opportunity. Two more rods to look forward too :p.
  4. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +356 / 1
    Oh, CRAP! What am I going to do with the RPLXi's, Xi2's, and the new Xi3 I just bought? Anyone want them? They were good in their day but now they are outdated. What a shame.:(
  5. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +334 / 2
    Steve, my father used to give me his old power tools, and thus create a need for a new one. I would be happy to store your out of date rods indefinitely in my crappy rod cubby. Just here to help.
  6. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    I would need visiting priviledges, of course.:)
  7. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Relax Steve..this is a 2nd tier saltwater specialty rod, not meant to bump the Xi3. And I kinda like a few of those RPLXi sticks still!
  8. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    I think you missed the sarcasm in the post. I have too much tied up in my salt water gear to even thnk of getting rid of it.
    Tony Abaloney likes this.
  9. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Gotcha now! and should have known from being you. And yeah I feel the same way. ;)
  10. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Actually, I have a new Xi3 12 wt. and a Tibor Signature to match that haven't seen the water yet. However, in a week, I'll be flying to Loreto to test them out on some big dorado and roosterfish. If I'm lucky, I'll find a sailfish or marlin. You'll have to wait a week or more for the delivery of my outdated rods but if they prove satisfactory, I may keep them around as back-ups to my New Method rods.:rolleyes: