FS Sage ONE 690-4

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Itchy Dog, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Used once, so as you would expect the rod is in new condition. Rod tube has a couple scuffs from being in the back of my truck. Includes blank warranty card. No trades, unless you have a Z-Axis 490-4 in excellent condition, then we can talk. $485 (firm) includes shipping to con US. SageONE_1.JPG SageONE_2.JPG

2. I thought you had a 490 ZAxis...I think you need a 690 ZAxis;)

Itchy Dog likes this.
  3. Or a 390 z-axis...

4. Large Albacore, you are correct—I do have a 490 Z-Axis, and I love it so much I think I should have a back-up in case someone with an oversized wading boot someday steps on it. I am not attached to any of my rods but that one. I also have a 690 Z-Axis.

Frenchie, I've never cast the 3wt. That's a weight I don't use much—I have a Circa in that weight and like the slower action, but it sees comparatively little action. Don't try to talk me into something I don't need ;)

5. Just curious about what's wrong with the Sage One compared to a Z-Axis?

6. Nothing's wrong with the The One—it's a very smooth, powerful rod. I just prefer the feel of the Z-Axis a bit better. Your mileage may vary.

boboo_3 and Skysoldier like this.
  7. Itchy, I think you might have a problem. I'm not sure but I don't know of any person who needs two, or more of the same exact rod. Maybe if you guide a lot but other than that......... You are a tad warped of the mind, eh? :p

Curious what line you throw on that 6 weight 'One' ?

Itchy Dog likes this.

8. ...said the pot as it called the kettle black!

I may have issues. I can't remember for sure what line is on my 6wt reel (I only have one reel for all my 6 weights). Pretty sure it's an Airflo Ridge.

9. I have a 690-4 One and love the Rio Coldwater Outbound Short lines (WF6F and WF6I). I also recently strung it up with the Airflo nymphing line and that casts great as well.

10. I.Dog, you will love the new Sage Access Accel. I received the 8'6" 4-wt yesterday and I am already in love. The action feels a LOT like the Z-axis with a little better casting range and accuracy. I am thinking of ditching one of the ONEs as well now.

11. Dan, as a thankful recipient of past "lightly used but loved" gear, may I suggest a new home for a One? :) Kirk won't gimme his...

Itchy Dog likes this.
  12. Dan, I don't want to like a brand new rod--they cost more that old rods :)
    Can't find any info anywhere about the Sage Access...did you get an advanced preview model?

Dan Nelson likes this.
  13. Derek, I'll put you at the top of the list if I decide to move a ONE – I do have an abundance of 5 weights but I might have to keep that stick solely to fight the upper Canyon winds!

Kirk, sorry about that. The test rod I have is the Accel not Access —my typing speed exceeds my mental speed sometimes. The Accel goes on sale sometime in Aug. at a mere $595. http://www.pitchengine.com/pitches/5daeb0cc-ebd3-439e-923f-7aa9fd18d4e3

Sage  002.jpg

14. Ah, the Accel. I guess that makes sense since Orvis has an Access. Thanks, Dan. Maybe I can request a demo rod to test out!

15. This has been sold, but I'll leave the ad up for a while just to confuse people.

16. I will trade you a 896-4 XP and a 691-4 XP plus a Galvan T-6 Clear fly reel with a SA SH taper 6WF taper line and all are in excellent used condition for that rod plus $100.00 cash if you need. ...Oh wait, gosh darn....I'm to late :mad: Geez, never mind.

Itchy Dog likes this.
  17. Yes ....I'm kidding...stop the PM's

Itchy Dog likes this.
  18. The gov't is watching you closely, Porter. Anyone who bogarts the XP as you do is suspect.

Porter likes this.
  19. bogart.....like the word, not used much these days.