Sage Rods! At Sierratrading post!!!!!

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by John Hicks, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,615 / 0
    Wow! Instead of the January white sale at Penny's and Macy's, it the January Spey Sale! Holy Batman! I knew Sage thinks highly of their equipment, but when I saw the retail price for those Sage Spey rods, I had to gasp for air. Mike's deal brings the Sage setup to the realm where mere mortals shop and fish. Unfortunately, I've run out of reasons to rationalize yet another Spey rod purchase.
  2. Red Shed "junkyard spey"

Peck, ID
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    You can call it a January "White Sale" if you'd like as it is pretty white outside, it has been that way for several days and it looks like it going to be that way for several more days.
  3. Hal Eckert Member

West GLs
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Bump

Wow thats a great deal for someone, take a hard look fellows and gals, can't justify another 7 wgt right now myself.

:thumb:

BG
  4. Joe Smolt Member

Bothell, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    I spent a lot of time casting and comparing the Meiser MKS rod and the 7141 and I ultimately decided on the 7141. I like the rod a lot. As I would describe it, you feel the bend in the rod deeper (closer to the handle) with the MKS rod. I ended up preferring the tipier action of the 7141. I felt I had more leverage with the rod. I ultimately chose it because I felt casting was more effortless with the rod for me. I also appreciated the backbone of the rod. I am doing a sloppy cast or have little backroom for the d-loop, I can punch the rod and get the line out.

I know this is a matter of personal preference and that is where my preferences were.

Joe
  5. fishheads New Member

port orchard, wa
    Just in case you needed a better excuse use coupon code 52367 at checkout and get another 20% off.

M
  6. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +508 / 0
    Wow! generous ....multiple use or single use.....is that good for all of us hombres to use? :D
  7. fishheads New Member

port orchard, wa
    Multiple use. I just checked and it is still valid. Not sure of expiration date. I bought a 796-2. They still have the Sage European Style Spey Rods.