Sale Reports

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Jason Decker, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I just completed 2 long distance transactions on wff.com classifieds
    and wanted to thank Happy Gilmore and Frankjpfish
    for their recent (separate) transactions!

I purchased a sweet Sage XP 6wt from Happy Gilmore,
    who lives in Vancouver (BC) can't wait to use it tomorrow!

and sold my St. Croix 4wt set up to Frankjpfish,
    who sent his payment promptly and was great to work with from (Arkansas)

Jason Decker:thumb::thumb:

2. dp

dp ~El Pescador

Jason -

were you the one who was selling a BIIX - 5 weight a couple months back? If so, is it still for sale?

thanks-dp

3. Jason Decker

Media:
    Home Page:
  4. nb_ken

nb_ken Member

Feedback like this is an excellent idea. I'd even like to propose that this post be made sticky so that we can report on the good deals we've done on this board.

Over the last year and a half or so I've used this forum to buy and sell quite a bit of gear. Being the packrat that I am, I think I've kept track of all of them. So, with my gratitude, here is a list of the people I've dealt with. From my end, I consider all these transactions congenial and fair and all came off without a hitch.

Member Name......Location..........Transaction (Bought From/Sold To)

Cactus...........Spanaway..........Bought SA Ultra 4 Fly Line
    Bugboy9..........Mt Vernon.........Sold Sage DS2
    Ian Brodie.......Kirkland..........Sold Float Tube
    KenaiKing........Bozeman, MT.......Bought Mt Hardware Gloves
    Willie Bodger....Kirkland..........Bought Rio Grand Fly Line
    Dave Pardo.......Somewhere, WA.....Sold Lamson LP2
    Curtis...........Seattle...........Sold Orvis Gear Bag
    Herl.............Seattle...........Bought Lamson Velocity 3.5
    Spiritualized50..Seattle...........Sold Scott SAS
    Rainbow..........Seaview, WA.......Sold Sage DS2 486 and DS 583
    Hizzoner.........Grayslake, IL.....Sold Loomis GL3 963
    Yellowlab........Bellevue, WA......Bought Sage XP and Rio WC

5. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    Great idea. While I haven't keep detailed records like yours, I can say that I've been involved in the following transactions:

Mike Etgen bought my Fish Cat pontoon boat a couple weeks back and a Loomis GL3 8' 3wt a couple years earlier.

Sourdoughs bought a Sage Launch 6wt last year.

Mike Monsos bought a 2wt Orvis Wonderline

Flybill bought a TFO Professional 9' 8wt a couple months ago.

Lesflyfishing bought a couple of Redington reels and spare spools last fall.

Hikepat bought a St. Croix Legend Ultra and Loomis Venture reel several years ago.

MacRowdy bought my Sage XP 10' 4wt.

I've sold several other rods and reels, a float tube, a Jon boat and electric motor, and a number of lines to folks who's names I'm embarassed to say escape me at the moment.

I've also purchase a variety of gear here as well including a Hardy reel with two spare spools, a Redington AL34 wide arbor reel, a Ross Colorado reel, and a host of lines from regulars like Cactus and others.

Finally, I swapped a custom 6wt rod for a Ross Cimmaron.

This isn't a comprehensive list and I know I've managed to forget some others. But what I haven't forgotten is that every transaction on this forum has been flawless and every buyer and seller I've had the pleasure to meet and deal with, either in person or by mail, has been a straight up credit to this community.

K

6. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Media:
    I bought a rod from Justin (Diehard) and it was delivered timely and was in perfect shape. It's condition was exactly as he described it.

I would definitely buy from him again.

7. LD

LD Active Member

Media:
    Great idea - all transactions were great without a hitch
    clarkbre, sold rod - good transaction -hope you enjoy the rod
    yellowlab, bought line, good description
    richard, bought rod, was as new
    mike doughtry, bought reel, as described
    kent lufkin (?) -sold line

8. Mike Etgen

Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Media:
    Jason, this thread is definitely a good idea. I've also bought and sold a number of items through WFF over the last three or four years and have had the same kind of experience. I wish I'd done the kind of record-keeping that Kent or nb_ken have done so I could provide credit where it's due, but unfortunately haven't...

I know I've swapped a fly line with OMJ for some of his woven flies, sold a video to Richard, sold a line to someone I don't recall, purchased a couple of lines from MauiJim, purchased sage rods from two different individuals whom I can't immediately recall (feel free to speak up and take credit, guys), as well as the Loomis rod and most recently, the pontoon boat mentioned by Kent. Kent represents my first "two-time" seller. I know there have been other transactions, but just can't recall any better at the moment.

As a bonus, the puchase of a canoe from Warren Perry about four years ago has resulted in the development of a lasting, excellent friendship.

Every one of my transactions has been positive in every way and I've never been less that completely satisfied with the outcome, whether it was a sale or purchase.

I think that says something about the overall level of quality of the members, and Jason opened the perfect opportunity to say so.

Geez...forgot Mike Doughty. Thanks, Mike, for the swap you and I arranged last year!

Thanks to all. :thumb:

9. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    On other (non-fishing) gear-frenzy sites that I frequent, there are two good systems for trader feedback.

System #1: Setting up a sub forum of the classifieds section that is called "buyer/seller feedback" or some such thing. You have a good (or bad) transaction, you make a post there. Future buyers/sellers can then search to see if someone's name appears there.

System #2: Some forum software systems actually have a plugin that you can get that acts a little like the ebay feedback system. Each time a transaction is complete, the buyer/seller get to add or subtract a point from each other's total and make a comment relating to the transaction.

Maybe a little overboard, as WFF classifieds seem to work fine for the majority of us. But I just thought I'd mention what I had seen work on other forums.

10. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    i've dealt with happy gilmore and he is a good guy to deal with

11. dp

dp ~El Pescador

Jason - thanks for getting back to me.

I agree 100% about this thread. Everything I have bought, or inquired about was a positive transaction.
    I've bought lines, reels, rods, waders and other stuff and everthing was as promised.
    I would not hesitate to purchase or sell within this group (and that's a big feat to say!)
    Plus al the PM's as well.

tight lines

dp

12. bfic

bfic Member

The sub-forum idea above seems to work well. Some forums call it the BOI (Board of Inquiry) where feedback is kept. Go to the BOI and search the sellers name and see what others have posted.

13. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    I've had many great transactions \ experiences with buying, selling, trading items from board members here (including the recent sale of my truck). And only a few slightly negative experiences where one guy jacked up the price at the last minute after agreeing on a deal. With another guy, we had trouble working out a tood time\place. I came out a few times to pick it up and it wasn't there - so I wasted time\gas.

14. Jason Decker

Media:
    Home Page:
    i had one guy who hasn't paid me yet for some nice simms waders......

15. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    Bastage! string him up by his ... hey, wait second... ;)

(maybe you should give 'that guy' your address like he asked so he can mail you a check since clearly our... er... I mean your schedules haven't been matching up...)

16. tyler

tyler Member

Media:
    well put, kent. this has been my experience as well. i've done numerous transactions with members of this forum and all have been smooth. except when leaki tiki came over to my crib and drank all my beer. :p i forgive him, though. it was his birthday.

t

17. frankjpfish

frankjpfish Member

Just received my St Croix ultra and battenkill reel from Jason and am very pleased with the deal, thanks, Jason. Also have several other purchases in the past, all by mail, and all excellent, even to Michigan and Arkansas.

18. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Media:
    St Criox and Venture Reel listed above bought from Kent
    Teton Reel Kenaiking
    Ross CLA7 Fullerfly
    BDD St Croix Spey rod
    Steve S finger vice. This was not a bought item just something when I posted on the board about finding one he had one laying around unused. I did give give him a book in return but he did not ask for any thing.
    All those transactions went well.
    I did have one reel lost in shipment that the seller never got back to me on with the tracking #. I know he mailed since Post office tried to deliver once but it seemed to have gotten lost by the post Office after that.
    Sellers please hold on to any Post Office or UPS tracking # to delivery is confirmed.
    That seller is not one of the above.

19. Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore New Member

Media:
    Jason, you're more than welcome:beer2: I didn't see an email reply so least of all didn't expect a forum thread:eek:, good topic though. Other XP's went local on the forum too and guys got 'em same 2 days.

I don't recall all the usernames on my transactions but Mike Doughty, JGS, kenaiking amongst others all excellent and higher value purchases, same for KWboozer or similar. Lately I notice a lot more sellers from beyond PNW etc mainly here for classifieds which can create a different risk.

I HAD ONE HORRIBLE TRANSACTION via wff WITH 'FLYJUNKY', SCREWED ON $600 that got worse when he finally did ship 4 mos. later and sent me a different reel etc and listed value wrongly in 4 figures so I got nailed for $140 on delivery taxes! Shannon Sands in Oregon and paid via his friend Andrew Gorman's paypal. I even won paypal but their were no funds available to the account to pay me back. ONLY hiccup in some 10 yrs online buy/sell and 450+ transactions (not all buying thank goodness:) ! )

20. theworm

theworm Member

Media:
    I have purchased items from:

mediger
    Joe Fitzpatrick
    Dan Soltau
    Banzai

All transactions were smooth and all items were as good as advertised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.