Salmon fly season on Rock Creek

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Johnny Staats, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Dave Montgomery

Dave Montgomery Banned or Parked

I got news for all you losers. Montana has great fly fishing. You can go there and fish. Anytime. You may see other fishermen, but nobody will be in your "secret spot" because there aren't any. The place is a fly fishing mecca. So, get over your "secrets" and fk off. For chrissakes, a guy want's to post some good news, an ACTUAL REPORT OF FISHING, and you bust his balls? Isn't this the Internet, in AMERICA? Can't we just post whatever we want without the fk'n criticism of all you assholes that think you have a "secret spot"?

I've gotten into fights on public water with assholes that think they "own" a spot. I've never lost, even though I try to walk away. Fuck you assholes that think nobody can post a fucking river condition or a hatch report. Tell me your "secret spot", pick a time, and I'll come and kick your ass for the right to fish it! It's ALL PUBLIC WATER.

2. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You win the "tough guy" award on WFF!!! Wholly crap!

3. David Crowne

David Crowne Member

I share your pain. This debate seems a little like tying two cats together by their tails and throwing them over a clothesline - a pointless fight will ensue. In the end there are so many of us and so few secret spots. Be prepared to share or search farther afield.

4. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Davemonti:

Your response is one of the most enlightening, well thoughtout posts which I have read on WFF in a long time:rolleyes::p!

Roger

5. Keaten LaBrel

Keaten LaBrel Formerly Tyinbugs

iagree i have fished montana for 19 years now and trust me there are NO secrets spots...no such thing as "no-tell-um-creek" over here..so get over it

i was up rock creek the other day and only saw a couple adults flying around but every rock i turned over had at least a dozen of the big nymphs under um....should get good any day now...there is a HUGE log jam at mile marker 27 that is very dangerous, so keep your eyes peeled when your on the stix!

:beer2:

6. agsalmon

agsalmon Member

For this site, that is pure poetry...maybe Chris can break it down into it's best "parts" and post it permanently on the front page. I was thinking maybe this part, "Fuck you assholes that think nobody can post a fucking river condition or a hatch report. Tell me your "secret spot", pick a time, and Davemonti will come and kick your ass for the right to fish it motherfuckers! It's ALL PUBLIC WATER." CLASSIC!

7. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Dave, I'll be on the Clark fork this weekend. Get ready to get your ass kicked for the first time by the toughest flyfisherman in the west. I'll meet you under the flag pole at St. Regis highschool. Just fists; don't bring weapons or any of your pussy Westside friends. There's nothing I love more than flyfishing and fighting..... they just go hand and hand. Holy Shit!! you have issues. :D Classic shit.

8. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Hey Panhandle, can Roger and I come watch?!!!! Kool..... :D

9. Norme

Norme DM is a D bag

Basically, this thread was started by a guy who owns a shop on Rock Creek advertising the Salmon Fly hatch to try and get some extra business. He's is pretty much whoring out the river to get some extra business.

Dave Monti- Let me know when and where you want to lose your first fight on a river I will drop you motherfucker

10. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Nah, he works at the merch? :D

11. WaFlyCaster

WaFlyCaster Tricoptera

See below image.

12. rainbow

rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Chris, make this sticky or a keeper. This is badass.

13. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl: :clown::clown:

14. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Dave, i like your style, ill join ya and go kick some montana sheep lovin ass!

15. jcalderon

jcalderon Member

Dude, Tim Morrison Will beat your ass!!! we will be on rock creek next thursday-saturday. He will be the tattooed guy that has peircings and is about 5'9. He told me he wanted to brawl.

Dont worry about me. Im the un-confrontational one!

16. junebug41

junebug41 Junior Dave Monti fan

God, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. The tagline under your ID was a stroke of genius!

I nominate Dave for post of the year so far. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

17. Runejl

Runejl Josh

-Dave Monti does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibility of failure. Dave Monti goes killing.

-The Big Bang was actually Dave Monti roundhouse kicking God in the face.

-Dave Monti has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

-There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Dave Monti allows to live.

-Dave Monti once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

-Dave Monti is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

-When Dave Monti does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

Ha Ha Ha, Dave Monti is awesome! Lets go fishing!

18. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Un-fucking-real.

19. Big Tuna

Big Tuna Member

Classic response. Another guy w/ an extra Y chromosome and a fly rod in hand.

20. Stewart

Stewart Skunk Happens

Johnny-

Rock Creek is my backup at the moment if the Clark Fork is high. What kind of beer do you like? I'll be out from the 14th to 17th in a blue Honda Odyssey. I need some good stonefly nymphs, and your shop is a good stop.