salmon on saturday?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by troutpounder, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I am just wondering how many of you guys will be out on any river chasing salmon this weekend?!

2. I'll be up on camano island if that counts...

3. I'm going to be up on Camano too. I've volunteered to run the safety boat for the sail cam isle sailboat race. I was thinking of bringing some fly gear for before or after the race, but I'm not sure where to fish.

4. Buddy has a house up there on a private beach so I figure'd I'd bring my rod up and throw out a few casts. He crabs there all the time out of a little row boat and does really well; maybe I'll catch something. Been there a few times in the past but never with my rod. I have seen surface action before, and now after learning more about fish its probably SRC's but maybe I'll hook into a nice silver or something!

Sorry to "hijack" your thread, but I think I'll just throw out some clouser minnows and try my luck. If any of you have a different suggestion/experience up on camano send me a PM please -- thanks.

5. I worked up there for a few years and crabbed pretty much every day of the season, but aside from a few feeble attempts at the passing pinks I never fished for salmon or SRCs.

6. Will be trolling for upriver brights but not fly fishing - does that count?

7. Not a lot of salmon opportunities in the rivers in late August.