salmon on saturday?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by troutpounder, Aug 27, 2012.

1. troutpounder Active Member

everett
    Ratings: +58 / 0
    I am just wondering how many of you guys will be out on any river chasing salmon this weekend?!
  2. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +1,049 / 0
    I'll be up on camano island if that counts...
  3. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    I'm going to be up on Camano too. I've volunteered to run the safety boat for the sail cam isle sailboat race. I was thinking of bringing some fly gear for before or after the race, but I'm not sure where to fish.
  4. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +1,049 / 0
    Buddy has a house up there on a private beach so I figure'd I'd bring my rod up and throw out a few casts. He crabs there all the time out of a little row boat and does really well; maybe I'll catch something. Been there a few times in the past but never with my rod. I have seen surface action before, and now after learning more about fish its probably SRC's but maybe I'll hook into a nice silver or something!

Sorry to "hijack" your thread, but I think I'll just throw out some clouser minnows and try my luck. If any of you have a different suggestion/experience up on camano send me a PM please -- thanks.
  5. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    I worked up there for a few years and crabbed pretty much every day of the season, but aside from a few feeble attempts at the passing pinks I never fished for salmon or SRCs.
  6. Drifter Active Member

Ratings: +648 / 2
    Will be trolling for upriver brights but not fly fishing - does that count?
  7. cuponoodle breakfast Active Member

Arlington
    Ratings: +331 / 0
    Not a lot of salmon opportunities in the rivers in late August.