Salt water rod

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Hooker, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Hooker Banned or Parked

WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    wow... so what if someone thinks your rod is a POS. compared to a lot of rods it probably is.
    I didnt miss the point, I just think its worthless. I still say put your money where your mouth is if you want people to meet up with you. A pitcher of beer might work but if you are really confident in your abilities, because thats what this is going to boil down to, then put something on the line. Your rod perhaps although i doubt 3d would show up for a shot at your flyrod based on his opinion of tfo.
    I have been a lurker, i kinda jumped in with both feet now that i have decided to post. A few days in the office with a desire to talk fishing will do that.
  2. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    I'll give 3 to 1 and take Richard. DK:beer1:
  3. Hooker Banned or Parked

WA
    now put up a $250 and we're talkin!
  4. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    "can't buy" ?? Or perhaps are just not sold on the marketing hype, brand name, ego boosting, etc....? Being smart with your money doesn't mean you are cheap or you can't afford to pay more. If you are not convinced the price difference is worth it, you are simply being smarter and good with your money...
  5. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +513 / 0
    iagree In addition I would love to be a witness to the event and share a brew or two. Let me know. (we are talking 6 weights here...right?)

Good Beer = $$$$ :thumb: :beer2:
    A simple but friendly wager ...no coin :rolleyes: We don't want any bawling:bawling:bawling: Really it is a opportunity to learn :ray1:

Did someone say they would bring their TCR for others to try? :D :beer2:
  6. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Any bet that involves beer sounds like a fun bet to me. Supposed POS TFO versus Sage Xi2. Beach Rod Smackdown 08.
    I'd like to be involved, in the beer drinking part that is. ;)
  7. hendersonbaylocal Member

Seattle WA
    Anyone up for an exhibition match before the main event? The contestant who chugs four beers, runs down the beach and casts to 80' first will be declared the winner. WFF Drunken Beach Rod Smackdown 08...
  8. Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Bremerton, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Sub-card contenders? Proponents of St Croix, Rainshadow, Lami, GLoomis, Redington, Beulah, etc.. Come One, Come All! Step on up! This could become a real happening.
  9. Les Johnson Les Johnson

.Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    How quickly this thread was reduced to another blathering that can be interperated as, "Mine is bigger than yours. Let's measure"
    I won't attend. I'm sure the results will come up on WFF.
    Cheers,
    Les
  10. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Try this for a twist... a blind 'taste test'. Blind for each participant and have him\her cast 3 or 4 rods. Then rate each rod base soley on the blind feel of the rod in hand and casting stroke.
    You'd need a way to mask any obvious differences, like cork grip shape\feel for example...
  11. Hooker Banned or Parked

WA
    Les, another dynamite drop in. Thanks for your stellar input.
  12. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    wow... good times on WFF.

i just lined up my sponsor and am ready to roll.
  13. Tyler Speir Artist

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
  14. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +717 / 2
    I got a buddy who could outcast all you blowholes with his left hand!:thumb:
  15. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +513 / 0
    Something wrong with his right hand? :confused: :clown:
  16. Les Johnson Les Johnson

.Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    i dont like the TFOs either. I think they are a POS. --D3Smartie

Any decent opinions on WFF usually provides someone an idea of the merits or shortcomings of the piece of equipment in question. However, making a statement that any equipment is a POS really doesn't give the one who first posted the thread much help.
    The original poster -- and WFF deserve better.
    Les Johnson
  17. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +717 / 2

Ya, it doesn't cast as well as his left.:thumb:

I'll give a full report of that POS TFO when I get back from S Andros in a few weeks... Thanks for the loaner Richard!
  18. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Did i say anything les? the original guy called you out, although i dont blame him. Most of your posts lately seem to have little to do with the topic. He asked for opinions. I gave him mine, and hey, atleast i threw in some other opinions and options for him to look at. :eek:
  19. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +46 / 0
    D3Smartie, look in your PM's; sent you one Thursday afternoon. :thumb:
  20. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    Who? Your dad?