Saltwater Outbound Shorts $29.95

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by golfman44, Dec 19, 2013.

1. I'll be the first to admit that this is selfishness masquerading as flattery....or something...but whatever the case, you should seriously consider compiling all of the technical know-how tucked away in your head into an article or a mini-book or something along those lines. Someone currently serving a long-sentence in a federal prison could extract a lot of the nuggets you've contributed after many hours of obsessively punching the right keywords into the search function, but otherwise there's quite a bit of valuable information that's tucked away in threads that may never see the light of day.

I realize that's how some folks like it (and if that's the case for you, then I suppose that's the end of it), but IMO the tactical information you've dished out has been waaaaay more helpful than the info I've been able to get from reading Johnson and Ferguson, Stoll etc. That's not a rip on those books, which are great references, but when it comes to rigs, retrieves, flies, and tides the info I've been able to glean from the threads here has been way more helpful.

Just a thought...
    https://kdp.amazon.com/kdp/self-publishing/signin

2. Wear protection.

3. You really have to appreciate Far Bank enterprises(Sage, Rio, Redington) customer service. Rio replaced this line for me! I did have to pay for shipping of the defective line back to Rio's Idaho warranty department, but I was alright with splitting the shipping costs. The customer service rep provided a non-definitive acknowledgement that there might have been a manufacturing issue with my particular line, or a batch of these lines. I'm hoping this line came from a different batch.;)

Anyway, this is kind of a nice lesson on how we all benefit from the communication on this forum!

4. Yep, I remember that talk Gregg, and remember being happy to know that I wasn't the only one experiencing that problem.

It actually happened with two different OB lines for me. Which was unfortunate, because I really, really like casting that line.

But oh well. Hopefully the next generation line turns out to be better.

I can echo what Gregg said, though--the Rio folks have been great about replacing lines if there were problems.